This is the 294th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). After my recent tribute to Tim Smith, on this show I return (for the last time) to my review of some of the best music from 2019 that didn’t get included in my top 31 albums countdown of last year. And we have a feature album on this show, inevitably from 2019, ‘Sub Marine Dreams’, the latest and brilliant album by the aquatic/prog/funk/sea shanty/pop band Seas Of Mirth, and you’ll hear three tracks from that on the playlist. Other than that you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of music, including tracks from albums, EPs and singles, all from 2019. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 33 minutes. Downloaded file is 130.9 MB.
2. Pitter-Patter (5:15) – Rymden (Taken from the album ‘Reflections and Odysseys’; see rymden3.bandcamp.com/album/reflections-and-odysseys & www.facebook.com/rymdenmusic/)
5. Flew a Little Bullfinch Through the Window (4:58) – Red Kite (Taken from the album ‘Red Kite’; see thisisredkite.bandcamp.com/track/flew-a-little-bullfinch-through-the-window)
7. KRK (At Home In Strange Places) (4:25) – Vanishing Twin (Taken from the album ‘The Age Of Immunology’; see vanishingtwinmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-age-of-immunology, www.vanishingtwin.co.uk & www.facebook.com/Vanishingtwinmusic/)
8. Wise Children (2:33) – Vanishing Twin (Taken from the album ‘The Age Of Immunology’; see vanishingtwinmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-age-of-immunology, www.vanishingtwin.co.uk & www.facebook.com/Vanishingtwinmusic/)
11. The Celestial Dog and The Funeral Ship (8:06) – Rymden (Taken from the album ‘Reflections and Odysseys’; see rymden3.bandcamp.com/album/reflections-and-odysseys & www.facebook.com/rymdenmusic/)
17. Blow the Brakes Out (6:15) – Emily Bezar (Taken from the ‘Blow the Brakes Out ’ EP; see emilybezar.bandcamp.com/album/blow-the-brakes-out-ep, www.emilybezar.com & www.facebook.com/Emily-Bezar-Music-153027764593/)
23. It’s a Lovely Day Tomorrow (3:22) – Tribes of Europe & Barbara Stretch (Single available to buy via tribesofeurope.bandcamp.com/album/its-a-lovely-day-tomorrow; see also soundcloud.com/tribes-of-europe)
24. You Don’t Know, You Don’t Know (7:18) – Red Kite (Taken from the album‘Red Kite’; see thisisredkite.bandcamp.com/track/flew-a-little-bullfinch-through-the-window)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should hopefully be back for the next show in a couple of weeks when we will be celebrating the life and music of the late, great Judy Dyble, so I hope you’ll come back for that.