This is the 334th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). After the last show, when the focus was on live music, this time around there’s a mixture of musical tributes to people that we have lost recently, plus a focus on lots of new 2022 music. There’s no feature album this time, but instead we have a feature artist, none other than the late, great Michael Nesmith. You will hear three fabulous tracks, from Nesmith’s time with The Monkees and/or highlighting his great songwriting talents. In addition, you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture, including lots of great 2022 music, plus some dips into the past. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 29 minutes. Downloaded file is 136 MB.
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
6. L’enfant (5:01) – Vangelis (Taken from the album ‘Opéra sauvage’; see http://elsew.com/)
7. April 6th Part 1 (2:51) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Improvisations for Solo Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/improvisations-for-solo-piano)
8. Emperor (6:46) – Baber/Wileman (Taken from the album ‘Baber/Wileman’; see baberwileman.bandcamp.com/album/baber-wileman)
You can see Psychedelicat at this year’s EppyFest on the 17th July and tickets are available to pre-order via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/
12. Take Five (5:24) – The Dave Brubeck Quartet (Taken from the album ‘Time Out’; see davebrubeck.com/)
17. The Lemon Meringue Rodeo (3:29) – Chad Walsh (Taken from the EP ‘All the Ways Grew Dark’; see chadwalsh.bandcamp.com/album/all-the-ways-grew-dark)
20. Hey Hey Rise Up (3:26) – Pink Floyd feat. Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox (Single available to buy via various digital music outlets; see www.pinkfloyd.com/news/index.php)
23. Turiya (6:49) – Wax Machine (Taken from the album ‘Earthsong of Silence’; see waxmachine.bandcamp.com, waxmachinebbib.bandcamp.com/album/earthsong-of-silence & www.facebook.com/waxmachine)
24. Tomorrow and Me (4:17) – Micky Dolenz (Taken from the album ‘Dolenz Sings Nesmith’; see mickydolenz.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to this show, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show when I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything in between, and our feature album will be Bubblemath’s ‘Edit Peptide’. I hope to see you then.