This is the 332nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This is another show where I will largely continue to focus on brand new music from 2022 releases. You can expect a great mixture of music on this show, and a typically eclectic playlist, including tracks from the aforementioned 2022 releases, plus we’ll make some dips into the past, including a belated celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of the third and final studio album by the late, great Nick Drake, and we also have a feature album, ‘Retrieval: Music For Piano’, the 2019 album by Matt Baber, and you can expect three tracks from that throughout the show. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 26 minutes. Downloaded file is 133.8 MB.
1. No More Than We Deserve (4:20) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Retrieval: Music For Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/retrieval-music-for-piano)
3. Road (2:02) – Nick Drake (Taken from the album ‘Pink Moon’; see www.nickdrake.com/)
5. Dean Bowmer introduces his choice for our ongoing feature ‘Corea Talks’ (1:09)
6. Elektric city (4:11) – Chick Corea Elektric Band (Taken from the album ‘The Chick Corea Elektric Band’; see chickcorea.com)
10. Sonatina No.2 (9:31) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Retrieval: Music For Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/retrieval-music-for-piano)
11. Why We Speak (6:19) – Robert Glasper feat. Q-Tip & Esperanza Spalding (Taken from the album ‘Black Radio III’; see robertglasper.bandcamp.com/album/black-radio-iii)
13. Burn The Skies (5:07) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘Dark Before Dawn’; see pattersonmelbourne.bandcamp.com)
15. An Hour with A Bat (3:41) – BakaNeko Project (Taken from the album ‘Cat Me If You Can’; see zenta.bandcamp.com/album/cat-me-if-you-can)
16. Sunset Village (5:46) – Group Listening (Taken from the album ‘Clarinet & Piano: Selected Works, Vol. 2’; see grouplistening.bandcamp.com/album/clarinet-piano-selected-works-vol-2 & www.facebook.com/grouplistening)
17. Passing Wave (6:43) – Baber/Wileman (Taken from the album ‘Baber/Wileman’; see baberwileman.bandcamp.com/album/baber-wileman)
18. Come Away (4:01) – Chad Walsh (Taken from the EP ‘All the Ways Grew Dark’; see chadwalsh.bandcamp.com/album/all-the-ways-grew-dark)
19. Dark Silhouette (6:40) – anthéne & Simon McCorry (Taken from the album ‘Mind of Winter’; see hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com/album/mind-of-winter, www.facebook.com/hidevibes, anthene.bandcamp.com, & www.simonmccorry.com)
20. Travels (5:46) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Retrieval: Music For Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/retrieval-music-for-piano)
22. Things Behind The Sun (3:57) – Nick Drake (Taken from the album ‘Pink Moon’; see www.nickdrake.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to this show, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show because I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything inbetween. I hope to see you then.