This is the 247th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I’d like to thank Rebsie & Daniel for putting the last excellent show together. I’m also happy to be back to present this year’s festive edition of the show, so you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of music only this time all the tracks will have some form of wintry/Christmas/solstice theme. We have a feature album this time around, ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’, the 1965 album by the Vince Guaraldi Trio so you’ll hear two tracks taken directly from that, plus one track directly inspired by music from the album. And of course you can also expect the usual eclectic musical mix, including some new music from 2018, and some older tracks of various vintages thrown in for good measure. All-in-all expect a unique festive-themed extravaganza with lots of great music and pleasant surprises. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 55 minutes. Downloaded file is 105.3 MB.
1. The Testimony Of John (5:08) – Anne Dudley (Taken from the album ‘Ancient & Modern’; see www.annedudley.co.uk)
3. Snowflakes on Concrete (2:40) – The Twelve Hour Foundation (Single available as a free download via thetwelvehourfoundation.bandcamp.com/track/snowflakes-on-concrete; see also www.twelvehourfoundation.co.uk/, & www.facebook.com/twelvehourfoundation)
4. Christmas Time Is Here (Vocal) (2:44) – Vince Guaraldi Trio (Taken from the album ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/vince-guaraldi-mn0000201678/biography & www.fivecentsplease.org/dpb/vincecd.html)
5. Winter Mountain (5:20) – Moonparticle (Taken from the album ‘Hurricane Esmeralda’; see moonparticle.bandcamp.com/album/hurricane-esmeralda, www.moonparticle.com/ & www.facebook.com/moonparticleband/)
8. December Train (4:14) – Steve Jansen (Taken from the album ‘Slope (2013 Deluxe Edition), Vol.1.’; see www.stevejansen.com/)
10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (6:42) – Robert Glasper & Doobie Powell (Single available as a free download via doobiepowell.bandcamp.com/track/have-yourself-a-merry-little-christmas; see also www.robertglasper.com/)
11. Skating (2:26) – Vince Guaraldi Trio (Taken from the album ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/vince-guaraldi-mn0000201678/biography & www.fivecentsplease.org/dpb/vincecd.html)
12. Veni Veni Emmanuel (3:22) – Beth Nielsen Chapman (Taken from the album ‘Hymns’; see bethnielsenchapman.com/product/hymns/)
13. There’s Someone on the Roof (Slaybell Mix) (3:38) – Pye Corner Audio (Single available via pyecorneraudio.bandcamp.com/track/theres-someone-on-the-roof-slaybell-mix; see also www.facebook.com/pyecorneraudio/ & pyecorneraudio.wordpress.com)
14. The Glaze of the Universe (3:30) – Testbild! (Single available via kalligrammofon.bandcamp.com/album/the-glaze-of-the-universe; see also www.facebook.com/Testbild-94350211151/)
15. Corpus Christi (5:46) – Rebsie Fairholm featuring Marvin B Naylor (Not currently available to buy, this track is likely to appear on the next Rebsie Fairholm solo album; see rebsiefairholm.businesscatalyst.com/ & marvinbnaylor.com/)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
21. O Come O Come Emmanuel (3:31) – North Sea Radio Orchestra (Taken from the compilation album ‘That Fuzzy Feeling’; see lorecordings.bandcamp.com/album/that-fuzzy-feeling-loaf14, www.nsro.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/northsearadioorchestra)
22. (Merry Xmas) Face The Future (4:08) – BEAK> (Single available via beak.bandcamp.com/album/merry-xmas-face-the-future; see www.beakmusic.com/ & www.facebook.com/beakbristol/)
24. Christmas Time Is Here (4:09) – Gramercy Brass (Taken from the album ‘Christmas Time Is Here’; see www.gramercybrass.org/index/)
25. A Christmas Credit Card (Christmas in My Dreams) (2:21) – Asparagus Apocalypse & David Kaminsky (Free download available from www.macjams.com/artist/Epileptic+Gibbon; see also www.macjams.com/artist/dwwave)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and to all listeners. All the best for the winter solstice and for Christmas! Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’m going to be interviewing singer, songwriter & guitarist Marvin B. Naylor, so you’ll hear both music from and music chosen by Marvin, so I hope you’ll return for that.