This is the 255th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). The main focus for this show is to preview my own upcoming live music event EppyFest 8, happening in Cheltenham on the evening of Saturday 20th July at Smokey Joe’s. You’ll hear tracks from all four of the acts playing at EppyFest this year, including a feature album, ‘Interconnected’, the latest album by Tim Burness who will, along with his band, be headlining EppyFest 8. We’ll also cover the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, as we feature music from bands/acts who have played at previous EppyFests, play some tracks connected to this year’s Winter’s End Festival & Cheltenham Jazz Festival, & there’s also some music I’ll be playing, well, just because I really like it, basically. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 2 minutes. Downloaded file is 111.7 MB.
2. Small Hours (8:46) – John Martyn (Taken from the album ‘One World’; see www.johnmartyn.info)
3. Electric Energy (4:36) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Interconnected′; see timburness.bandcamp.com/album/interconnected, www.timburness.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Burness/195607947167604)
To buy tickets for Tim’s headline performance at EppyFest 8 on Saturday 20th July, head to www.eppyfest.co.uk)
4. Steer By The Stars (4:09) – Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor (Not currently available to buy, this track is likely to appear on the next Rebsie Fairholm solo album; see rebsiefairholm.co.uk & marvinbnaylor.com/)
6. Skydive (5:45) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Now We Have Power′; see sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/album/now-we-have-power-2, www.sanguinehum.com, music.badelephant.co.uk & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum/)
9. Blue By You (3:24) – Marvin B. Naylor (Taken from the album ‘The Stargazer’s Symphonium’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-stargazers-symphonium & marvinbnaylor.com/)
11. Still Mumbling (3:28) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Interconnected′; see timburness.bandcamp.com/album/interconnected, www.timburness.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Burness/195607947167604)
13. The Flower (2:58) – North Sea Radio Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Gap Species’; see northsearadioorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/gap-species, www.nsro.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/northsearadioorchestra)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
17. Phosphor (3:04) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘The Weight Of The World’; see sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/album/the-weight-of-the-world, www.sanguinehum.com & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum/)
18. Ants (4:29) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Interconnected′; see timburness.bandcamp.com/album/interconnected, www.timburness.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Burness/195607947167604)
For more information and/or to buy tickets for EppyFest 8 on Saturday 20th July, head to www.eppyfest.co.uk)
19. The Downpour (5:06) – Exploring Birdsong (Single available to download via exploringbirdsong.bandcamp.com; see also www.facebook.com/ExploringBirdsong/ & you can see Exploring Birdsong live at the Winter’s End Progressive Rock Festival on April 6th – see www.winters-end.co.uk for more details)
20. Les Fleurs (3:16) – Minnie Riperton (Taken from the album ‘Come to My Garden’; see www.soulwalking.co.uk/Minnie%20Riperton.html)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’ll be back again with a very special show for me personally as we’ll be celebrating the life and musical loves of my late friend and regular Eppy Gibbon listener, Ed Elloway, so I hope you’ll join me for that.