This is the 337th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). The main focus for this show is to preview my own upcoming live music event EppyFest 9, happening in Cheltenham over the weekend of Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th July at Smokey Joe’s. You’ll hear tracks from all six of the acts playing at EppyFest this year, including a feature album, ‘13 Moons’, the 2021 album by Hands of the Heron who will be headlining the Sunday of EppyFest 9, so you’ll hear three tracks from that. You’ll also be hearing some spoken word contributions from each of the EppyFest acts, so you’ll get some insights into what you can expect from them and what they’re looking forward to about the festival, and we’ll cover the usual diverse selection of styles and genres across the playlist, including some tributes to people we have sadly lost recently. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 33 minutes. Downloaded file is 139.42 MB.
1. Lock Me In (2:38) – Circus Mircus (Single available to buy via various digital music outlets; see eurovision.tv/participant/circus-mircus-22, circusmircus.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/circusmircusunofficial)
2. Just One More (4:33) – Garden of Live Flowers (Not currently available to buy but it will appear on a new four-track EP, hopefully available to buy in time for EppyFest 9; see gardenofliveflowers.bandcamp.com/releases & www.facebook.com/gardenofliveflowers)
3. Giving Up (and Letting Go) (4:05) – The Curator (Taken from the album ‘All Lombard Street to a China Orange’; see thecurator1.bandcamp.com/album/all-lombard-street-to-a-china-orange & www.cromerzone.co.uk/)
4. Other People (3:27) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the compilation album ‘Weirdshire at Babar’; see sproatlysmith.bandcamp.com/album/weirdshire-at-babar, archgarrison1.bandcamp.com/album/i-will-be-a-pilgrim, www.archgarrison.co.uk, & www.facebook.com/Arch-Garrison-436363986400726)
5. Allyson and Leo from Garden of Live Flowers talk about EppyFest 9 (2:16)
7. Inside Out (4:30) – Úna Quinn (Taken from the album ‘Inside Out’; see uquinn.bandcamp.com/album/inside-out)
8. Ark (3:09) – Psychedelicat (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Like A Delicate Psychedelicat’; see rebsiefairholm.bandcamp.com/album/ark, www.psychedelicat.co.uk & www.facebook.com/Psychedelicat-107045578554189)
10. Craig Fortnam from Arch Garrison talks about EppyFest 9 (0:53)
11. I Could Be So Good For You (3:14) – Dennis Waterman (Single available as a digital download; see www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/may/09/dennis-waterman-obituary)
12. Alistair Murphy, aka The Curator, talks about EppyFest 9 (2:45)
You’ll be able to see The Curator perform live at both The Judy Dyble Memorial Festival over the weekend of 9th and 10th July – judydyble.com/articles/judy-dyble-memorial-festival-announced – and at EppyFest 9 on the 16th July – www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/
14. EppyFest 9 promo (2:50) (This year’s EppyFest is happening over the weekend of the 16th and 17th July and tickets are available to pre-order now via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/)
16. Sweet Dreams Form A Shade (3:57) – Craig Fortnam (Taken from the ‘Lunar One Apr 22’ single; see craigfortnam.bandcamp.com/album/lunar-one-apr-22)
17. Neil Campbell and Úna Quinn talk about EppyFest 9 (0:32)
18. MRI (8:12) – Garden of Live Flowers (Taken from the album ‘Sticky, Sweet and Dirty’; see gardenofliveflowers.bandcamp.com/album/sticky-sweet-and-dirty & www.facebook.com/gardenofliveflowers)
19. Sin é (4:40) – Úna Quinn (Taken from the album ‘Inside Out’; see uquinn.bandcamp.com/album/inside-out)
21. Rebsie and Marvin from Psychedelicat talk about EppyFest 9 (4:22)
22. The Wrong Music (19:36) – The Curator (Taken from the album ‘All Lombard Street to a China Orange’; see thecurator1.bandcamp.com/album/all-lombard-street-to-a-china-orange & www.cromerzone.co.uk/)
23. Beth Roberts from Hands of the Heron talks about EppyFest 9 (2:57)
26. Tears In Rain (3:01) – Vangelis (Taken from the album ‘Blade Runner (Original Score from the Motion Picture)’; see http://elsew.com/)
27. Bright Hucclecote (6:08) – Psychedelicat (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Like A Delicate Psychedelicat’; see rebsiefairholm.bandcamp.com/track/bright-hucclecote, www.psychedelicat.co.uk & www.facebook.com/Psychedelicat-107045578554189)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to this show and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show when I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything in between, and I’ll be paying a special tribute to the late, great Vangelis. I hope to see you then.