This is the 265th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show is built around an interview with Mike Cross, Mike Ward & Chris Cundy, three of the five members of the experimental electronic music collective Longstone, who you might recently have seen as the opening act at EppyFest 8. There’s no feature album for this show, but you will hear three tracks from Longstone scattered throughout the show. You’ll hear conversation with me and the guys from Longstone, tracks chosen by Mike, Mike & Chris, plus other music, including new tracks from Charlie Cawood & The Bob Lazar Story, & we also look ahead to a gig in Bristol by Once and Future Band. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 5 minutes. Downloaded file is 114.6 MB.
Interview with Mike Cross, Mike Ward & Chris Cundy, three members of the experimental electronic music collective Longstone…
4. Radioactivity (6:53) – Kraftwerk (Taken from the album ‘The Mix’; see kraftwerk.com/)
5. A Tilbury (5:57) – John Butcher & Phil Durrant (Taken from the album ‘Secret Measures’; see www.johnbutcher.org.uk/Durrant.html)
8. Sex, God + Money (3:39) – Neulander (Taken from the album ‘Sex, God + Money’; see www.bandtoband.com/band/neulander)
9. Plantasia (3:21) – Mort Garson (Taken from the album ‘Mother Earth’s Plantasia’; see mortgarson.bandcamp.com/album/mother-earths-plantasia & daily.bandcamp.com/2019/07/01/mort-garson-mother-earths-plantasia-review/)
12. Magnetic Memory (4:41) – Once And Future Band (Taken from the album ‘Once And Future Band’; see onceandfutureband.bandcamp.com/album/once-future-band, castlefacerecords.co.uk/products/once-and-future-band & www.facebook.com/OnceAndFutureBand)
13. Standing In The Wake of Violence (5:18) – Once And Future Band (Taken from the album ‘Once And Future Band’; see onceandfutureband.bandcamp.com/album/once-future-band, castlefacerecords.co.uk/products/once-and-future-band & www.facebook.com/OnceAndFutureBand)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, particularly to Mike Cross, Mike Ward & Chris Cundy for coming into the Eppy Gibbon studio, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time when I’ll be welcoming back Stephen Lambe to preview this year’s Summer’s End Festival. I hope you’ll join me for that.