This is the 279th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Now that I’ve finished counting down my favourite albums of 2019, it’s finally time to start focusing a bit more on 2020 music, and there are lots of examples on this show. But we also feature a lot of pre-2020 music too, stretching from 1967 right up to 2019. There’s also a feature album this time, with three tracks from ‘Easy Winners’, the 1978 album by The Philip Jones Brass Ensemble. As always you can expect a typically eclectic show. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 31 minutes. Downloaded file is 138.3 MB.
2. Blade Of Wind (5:47) – And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead (Taken from the album ‘X – the Godless Void And Other Stories’; see www.trailofdead.com)
3. Damage (4:26) – David Sylvian & Robert Fripp (Taken from the album ‘Damage’; see www.davidsylvian.com/discography/albums/david_sylvian_robert_fripp_damage_reissue.html, www.davidsylvian.com/ & www.dgmlive.com/robert-fripp)
5. Tico Tico (4:06) – The Philip Jones Brass Ensemble (Taken from the album ‘Easy Winners’; see pjbe.org)
6. Spring (Birds Delight) (4:35) – Karfagen (Taken from the album ‘Birds Of Passage’; see antonykalugin.bandcamp.com/album/birds-of-passage-high-res-24bit-48 & karfagenmusic.com/en/)
7. Undying Eyes (5:51) – Julien (Taken from the album ‘L’appel de la forêt’; see juliengasc.bandcamp.com/album/lappel-de-la-for-t)
9. Promenading (2:33) – Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor (B-side of the ‘Ark’ single, available to purchase on vinyl and digitally via rebsiefairholm.bandcamp.com/album/ark & marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/ark; see rebsiefairholm.co.uk & marvinbnaylor.com/)
You can see both Richard Wileman and Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor live at The Sunday Social at The Tuppenny, 55-58 Devizes Road, Swindon, SN1 4BD on Sunday 8th March from 4-6pm. Free entry. See thetuppenny.com/events/. And tickets are also now on sale for EppyFest 9, July 18 & 19th, where you can also see Richard Wileman perform. For more details and to buy tickets see www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest
10. She Is Hiding Behind the Shed (4:19) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Heaven Born And Ever Bright’; see alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-born-and-ever-bright & www.cardiacs.net/)
11. Baby (8:04) – Bobby McFerrin (Taken from the album ‘VOCAbuLarieS’; see bobbymcferrin.com/)
12. Cheese and Ham (5:59) – Stackridge (Taken from the album ‘A Victory for Common Sense’; see www.stackridge.co.uk/)
13. I: Voices in Winter / II: The Realms of the Divine (6:33) – Pure Reason Revolution (Taken from the album ‘The Dark Third’; see www.insideoutmusic.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=446 & www.last.fm/music/Pure+Reason+Revolution)
As part of the feature ‘Cats Corner’:
14. Black Sam (4:05) – The Philip Jones Brass Ensemble (Taken from the album ‘Easy Winners’; see pjbe.org)
15. Dark Passenger (4:42) – Gabriele Ragonesi (Taken from the EP ‘Dark Passenger’; see gabrieleragonesi.bandcamp.com/album/dark-passenger)
16. Under Atoll (7:14) – Made of Water (Taken from the EP ‘Hydrosphere’; see madeofwater.bandcamp.com/album/hydrosphere)
18. Toss The Feathers (2:50) – The Corrs (Taken from the album ‘Forgiven, Not Forgotten’; see www.facebook.com/thecorrsofficial/)
19. Girl Swallows Nightingale (5:29) – Girl Swallows Nightingale (Taken from the album ‘Shapeshifter′; see girlswallowsnightingale.bandcamp.com/album/shapeshifter & www.facebook.com/GirlSwallowsNightingale/)
21. Bathroom Dance (2:08) – Hildur Guðnadóttir (Taken from the album ‘Joker (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)’; see www.hildurness.com)
22. Black Gulls Over The Headland (6:57) – Field Lines Cartographer (Taken from the album ‘The Ferric Landscape’; see soundtrackingthevoid.bandcamp.com/album/the-ferric-landscape-2 & soundtrackingthevo.wixsite.com/stvlabel)
24. Subject To Entropy (4:22) – The Bloody Mallard (Single available to buy via Bandcamp – thebloodymallard.bandcamp.com/track/subject-to-entropy; see also www.facebook.com/TheBloodyMallard/)
25. Blues March (2:20) – The Philip Jones Brass Ensemble (Taken from the album ‘Easy Winners’; see pjbe.org)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Next time, I’ll be back with another ‘normal’ show (relatively speaking) – I’ll be bringing you more new 2020 music, plus I’ll be dipping back across the decades to provide you with a typically eclectic show, so I hope you’ll be back for that.