This is the 254th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I hope you enjoyed the previous show in which I counted down my 10 favourite albums of 2018. But this time we’re much more focused on 2019 music, so you’ll hear lots of great music released so far this year, plus we’ll also have a featured artist, the mighty Esperanza Spalding, so we’ll have three tracks either from or featuring her, plus we pay tribute to the sadly recently departed Mark Hollis & Hal Blaine. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 33 minutes. Downloaded file is 140.2 MB.
1. Train (3:43) – Green Mountain Guild (Taken from the album ‘Train’; www.greenmountainguild.com, greenmountainguild.bandcamp.com, store.cdbaby.com/Artist/GreenMountainGuild & www.facebook.com/greenmountainguild/)
2. The Watershed (5:45) – Mark Hollis (Taken from the album ‘Mark Hollis’; see www.facebook.com/Talk-Talk-Mark-Hollis-12307963901/ & www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/26/musicians-on-mark-hollis-he-found-hooks-in-places-im-still-trying-to-fathom)
As part of the feature ‘Cats Corner’:
14. Sound As Colour (7:40) – Lost Crowns (Taken from the album ‘Every Night Something Happens’; see lostcrowns.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/lostcrowns/; and you can see Lost Crowns performing at The Victoria in London on the 31st May alongside Kavus Torabi & headliners Thumpermonkey – see www.jaguarshoes.com/venue/the-victoria/)
16. Uncle Feedle (2:00) – Sandra Kerr & John Faulkner (Taken from the album ‘The Music From Bagpuss’; see bagpuss.bandcamp.com/album/the-music-from-bagpuss, www.sandrakerr.net/bagpuss.html & www.johnfaulkner.net/)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
22. Our Reunion (6:37) – Matthew Stevens feat. Esperanza Spalding (Taken from the album ‘Preverbal’; see matthewstevens.bandcamp.com/album/preverbal, mattstevensmusic.com/, www.facebook.com/MatthewStevensGroup/ & www.esperanzaspalding.com)
23. Here Comes The Great Collapse (7:15) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Vision On’; see www.timburness.com, www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Burness/195607947167604 &, to buy ticket’s for Tim’s headline performance at EppyFest 8 on Saturday 20th July, head to www.eppyfest.co.uk)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’ll be back again with an EppyFest 8 preview, when you’ll hear tracks from all four of the acts who will be playing in Cheltenham on Saturday 20th of July at Smokey Joe’s, plus lots of other great music, so I hope you’ll join me for that.