This is the 230th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show is built around part one of an interview with Michael Bearpark of Henry Fool, Darkroom & No-man, with Michael choosing most of the music and reflecting on new discoveries and the connections between the choices and how they have intersected with key moments in his life. There’s no feature album tonight but you can expect to hear a typically eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 14 minutes. Downloaded file is 122.6 MB.
1. 1991 (4:24) – The Fierce And The Dead (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘The Euphoric’; see tfatd.bandcamp.com/album/the-euphoric, thefierceandthedead.bandcamp.com/album/the-euphoric, www.fierceandthedead.com/ & www.facebook.com/fierceandthedead?fref=ts)
3. Joy Opposites (4:48) – Cave In (Taken from the album ‘Antenna’; see cavein.bandcamp.com, www.facebook.com/CaveIn.Official/ and if you’d like to contribute to the Caleb Scofield Memorial Fund you can do so here: www.youcaring.com/jenscofield-1149130)
Interview with Michael Bearpark
5. Private Nocturnal (6:49) – Can (Taken from the album ‘The Lost Tapes’; see www.spoonrecords.com/#)
6. I Am An Animal (3:48) – Pete Townsend (Taken from the album ‘Empty Glass’; see petetownshend.net/)
A few words from Andrew “Os” Ostler
12. Music for Guitar And Voices (3:46) – The Broca Ensemble with Georgina Brett (Single available via store.championversion.com/album/the-broca-ensemble-with-georgina-brett; see also thebrocaensemble.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/TheBrocaEnsemble)
13. Every Stranger’s Voice (4:11) – Plenty (Taken from the album ‘It Could Be Home’; see timbowness.wordpress.com/album-writings/plenty-it-could-be-home/ & burningshed.com/plenty_it-could-be-home_cd)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, plus a special thanks to Michael Bearpark for coming into the studio and picking most of the music. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back again next time, with the second part of this interview with Michael, so we hope to see you back for that.