This is the 339th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Our main feature on this show is an interview with Kai Esbensen from the band Bubblemath. You’ll hear three tracks from Bubblemath, including two from their brand new album ‘Turf Ascension’, plus you’ll hear some personal favourite tracks by other artists chosen by Kai and the rest of the band. Other than that, you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of music, including some tracks from great 2022 releases, plus we mourn the loss of American musician, singer and songwriter Julie Cruise. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 33 minutes. Downloaded file is 140.32 MB.
2. Superhero (Battaglia Remix) (5:19) – Faith No More (Single available to buy digitally via faithnomore.bandcamp.com/track/superhero-battaglia-remix; see also www.fnm.com & www.facebook.com/therealalexanderhacke)
Interview with Kai Esbensen from the band Bubblemath…
3. Be Together (5:37) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Such Fine Particles of the Universe’; see bubblemath.bandcamp.com/album/such-fine-particles-of-the-universe, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
6. Drive (3:54) – The Cars (Taken from the compilation album ‘Complete Greatest Hits’; see thecars.org)
8. Adagio for Strings (8:23) – London Philharmonic Orchestra & David Parry (Taken from the compilation album ‘The 50 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music’; see www.lpo.org.uk & www.wisemusicclassical.com/composer/72/Samuel-Barber/)
9. Everything (10:14) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Turf Ascension’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/turf-ascension, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
12. Everything Means Nothing to Me (2:23) – Elliott Smith (Taken from the album ‘Figure 8’; see elliottsmith.co)
13. Oblivion (5:57) – M83 (feat. Susanne Sundfør) (Taken from the album ‘Oblivion (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)’; see ilovem83.com)
15. Refuse (10:56) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Turf Ascension’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/turf-ascension, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
16. EppyFest 9 promo (2:50) (This year’s EppyFest is happening over the weekend of the 16th and 17th July and tickets are available to pre-order now via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/)
17. Nervous Boundaries (5:05) – For Breakfast (Taken from the EP ‘Trapped in the Big Room’; see glasshouserecords.bandcamp.com/album/trapped-in-the-big-room & www.facebook.com/forbreakfastband)
18. Falling (Demo) (6:01) – Julee Cruise (Taken from the EP ‘Three Demos’; see juleecruisesb.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, particularly to Kai Esbensen for the interview, and to him and the rest of Bubblemath for their music and their musical choices, and of course to all of you listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show when I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything in between. The next show will be a half-term report, so I’ll specifically be focusing on some of the best music to be released so far in 2022. I hope to see you then.