This is the 256th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This a very special show for me personally as we’ll be celebrating the life and musical loves of my late friend and regular Eppy Gibbon listener, Ed Elloway. Ed very tragically passed away back in February of this year and this show will, if only in a very small way, pay tribute to him, by featuring music that we both loved, music that he introduced to me, and music that I introduced to him (both via the Eppy show & outside of it). There will also be tributes to Ed from other listeners along with tracks they’ve selected, & of course stories about Ed, shared experiences, & reflections on a great life, albeit one that ended far too soon. Ed loved so many different bands and artists that I decided not to pick a feature album or artist this time but instead to choose as wide ranging a mixture of music as possible, so that’s what you’re gonna get. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 35 minutes. Downloaded file is 141.8 MB.
1. Happiness Is Easy (6:34) – Talk Talk (Taken from the album ‘The Colour of Spring’; see www.facebook.com/Talk-Talk-Mark-Hollis-12307963901/)
2. Vita Voom (4:48) – Ozric Tentacles (Taken from the album ‘Jurassic Shift’; see www.ozrics.com/)
3. Night Fire Dance (7 inch edit) (4:03) – Andreas Vollenweider (Taken from the single ‘Night Fire Dance′; see vollenweider.com/en)
A few words from Pontus Norshammar about his memories of Ed
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
6. Left to My Own Devices (8:17) – Pet Shop Boys (Taken from the album ‘Introspective′; see petshopboys.co.uk/)
7. I Bet You They Won’t Play This Song On The Radio (0:56) – Monty Python (Taken from the album ‘Monty Python’s Contractual Obligation Album’; see www.montypython.com)
9. Don’t Let Go (6:11) – Tom Baxter (Taken from the album ‘Feather & Stone’; see www.tombaxter.com)
10. Follow You Follow Me (4:53) – Ed Alleyne-Johnson (Taken from the album ‘Echoes’; see www.facebook.com/EdAlleyneJohnson/)
A few words from Rebsie Fairholm about her memories of Ed
12. Dream of Me (8:25) – The Violet Hour (Taken from the album ‘The Fire Sermon’; see www.dorisbrendel.com/)
13. Davros (Leader of the Daleks) (4:07) – Project Adorno (Taken from the album ‘Cheap Sweets and Sequencers’; see www.projectadorno.net/)
16. From The Ground Up (5:34) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘The Weight Of The World’; see sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/album/the-weight-of-the-world, www.sanguinehum.com & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum/)
A few words from Michael Bearpark about his memories of Ed
21. Sleep in Deep (2:46) – Bel Canto (Taken from the album ‘Shimmering, Warm and Bright’; see belcanto.no/)
23. Crazy Raven (8:47) – The Poozies (Taken from the album ‘Chantoozies’; see www.poozies.co.uk/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’ll be back again with another tribute to someone we’ve lost this year, as our feature artist will be none other than Peter Tork. In addition, you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture, so I hope you’ll join me then.