This is the 244th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). It’s Halloween time again so for this show we have the return of the diabolical Count Eppy Gibbon, who will again be your ghoulish host for this year’s Halloween special. There’s no feature album this time but rather a feature film, the 1973 version of ‘The Wicker Man’, so you’ll hear three tracks that are either inspired by the film or versions of tracks taken from its soundtrack. And of course you can also expect the usual eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours. Downloaded file is 109.8 MB.
1. Fright Pattern (1:45) – Julius Vanderbilt (Taken from the album ‘Action Catalyst’; see juliusvanderbilt.bandcamp.com/album/action-catalyst & www.mixcloud.com/JuliusVanderbilt/)
3. Suspiria (Main Title) (5:55) – Goblin (Taken from the album ‘Goblin Collection 1975-1989’; see www.goblinofficial.com/, www.facebook.com/Goblin-Claudio-Simonettis-608532229212354/ & www.goblinweb.com/)
4. Danse Macabre Superdeluxe (arrangement 4, Mausolée Méchanique) (8:36) – Secret Chiefs 3 (Available as a single – see secretchiefsthree.bandcamp.com/album/danse-macabre-superdeluxe; see also www.webofmimicry.com/ & www.facebook.com/secretchiefs3/)
5. The Wicker Man (2:31) – The Story (Taken from the album ‘John Barleycorn Reborn: Dark Britannica’; see coldspring.bandcamp.com/album/john-barleycorn-reborn-dark-britannica-csr84cd)
7. It’s Behind You (6:38) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Outskirts’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/outskirts)
9. Medusa (5:20) – Emma Ruth Rundle (Taken from the album ‘Marked For Death’; see emmaruthrundle.bandcamp.com/album/marked-for-death, www.emmaruthrundle.com & www.facebook.com/emmaruthrundle/)
10. The Pit And The Pendulum (8:13) – Karda Estra (Taken from the EP ‘The Land Of Ghosts 3’; see kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/the-land-of-ghosts-3 & www.kardaestra.co.uk/)
11. The Tinker Of Rye (2:27) – Richard Wileman (Taken from the album ‘Veil’, though note that if you buy the digital download version of the album via Bandcamp, it does not include ‘The Tinker Of Rye’ track. The track is however available on other digital download platforms like itunes, Amazon etc. & is also included on the CD edition. See richardwileman.bandcamp.com/album/veil & www.kardaestra.co.uk/)
13. Scherzo No. 5 in Death Minor (4:46) – Hollywood Burns (Taken from the album ‘Invaders’; see blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/invaders)
14. The Locust (6:38) – Huge Baby (Taken from the album ‘Portrait of Ahead’; see www.organart.demon.co.uk/biohugebaby.htm)
15. Showers of blood (3:18) – Schnauser (Taken from the album ‘Where business meets fashion’; schnauser.bandcamp.com/album/where-business-meets-fashion & www.facebook.com/SchnauserMusic)
18. Deckchair For Your Ghost (5:42) – Thumpermonkey (Taken from the album ‘Make Me Young, etc’; see thumpermonkey.bandcamp.com/album/make-me-young-etc, thumpermonkey.com/ & www.facebook.com/thumpermonkeyband/)
19. Hungry Ghost (3:58) – Talitha Rise (Taken from the album ‘An Abandoned Orchid House’; see talitharise.bandcamp.com/album/an-abandoned-orchid-house-digital-pre-order, www.talitharise.com/ & www.facebook.com/talitharise/)
20. The Ghost of Eddie Bingo (2:18) – The Nature Centre (Taken from the double a-side single ‘The Pinch/The Ghost of Eddie Bingo’; see thenaturecentre.bandcamp.com/album/the-pinch-the-ghost-of-eddie-bingo, thenaturecentre.com/ & www.facebook.com/TheNatureCentre)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, to all listeners, and of course to Count Eppy Gibbon. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. The show will return to some semblance of normality next time with a typically eclectic mixture of lots of great 2018 music, plus a few older tracks, so I hope you’ll join me for that.