This is the 210th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show is a return to my review of the musical year of 2016 – you’ve heard my countdown of my 30 favourite albums of last year, but now here’s a chance to hear the best of the rest – some great albums, EPs, singles & tracks that didn’t make the top 30 but still deserve to be heard. There’s no feature album this time but you can expect a typically eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 56 minutes. Downloaded file is 106.1 MB.
1. Folklore (7:31) – Big Big Train (Taken from the album ‘Folklore’; see bigbigtrain.com/, bigbigtrain.bandcamp.com/album/folklore, & www.facebook.com/bigbigtrain/)
2. Walrus (3:11) – D. D. Dumbo (Taken from the album ‘Utopia Defeated’; see dddumbo.com/, www.4ad.com/artists/187 & www.facebook.com/dddumbo/)
3. Seven of Swords (4:21) – Native Dancer (Taken from ‘EP Vol. II’; see nativedancer.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/nativedancerofficial/)
4. Two Eyes (4:20) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘What Lies Beneath’; see www.kershmusic.com/, www.facebook.com/Mike-Kershaw-144511622309101/?fref=ts, mikekershaw.bandcamp.com & music.badelephant.co.uk/)
5. Waves (5:27) – Max Cooper (Taken from the album ‘Emergence’; see maxcooper.net/ & www.facebook.com/maxcoopermax/)
6. The Left-Hand Reel (5:47) – The Bonfire Radicals (Taken from the album ‘The Albino Peacock’; see www.thebonfireradicals.com/ & www.facebook.com/bonfireradicals)
7. Anchors Away/On The Dry Land (2:09) – The Sea Nymphs (Taken from the album ‘On The Dry Land’; see www.cardiacs.net/ & williamddrake.wordpress.com)
8. The Black Hooded Clam (2:47) – The Sea Nymphs (Taken from the album ‘On The Dry Land’; see www.cardiacs.net/ & williamddrake.wordpress.com)
9. Room 1210 (6:48) – Van Der Graaf Generator (Taken from the album ‘Do Not Disturb’; see www.sofasound.com/, www.facebook.com/vandergraafgeneratorband/ & www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk/)
10. For Marmish Part II (14:05) – Floating Points (Single, available to buy as a digital download; see www.floatingpoints.co.uk/, soundcloud.com/floatingpoints & www.facebook.com/floatingpoints)
11. EppyFest Mini promo (2:06); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the event and buying tickets
12. Poetry (4:05) – The Trudy (Taken from the album ‘Always Never Beautiful Forever’; see www.thetrudy.co.uk/, thetrudy.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/The-Trudy-169765433591/)
13. Big Wide Blue (5.18) – The Display Team (Taken from the album ‘Shifts’; see thedisplayteam.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/TheDisplayTeam/)
14. Order From Chaos (7:32) – Max Cooper (Taken from the album ‘Emergence’; see maxcooper.net/ & www.facebook.com/maxcoopermax/)
15. Bay Songs (6:48) – GADADU (Single, available to buy as a digital download; see www.gadadu.com/, gadadu.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/gadadumusic/)
16. Hands Up (5:40) – Bent Knee (Taken from the album ‘Say So’; see www.bentkneemusic.com/, bentknee.bandcamp.com/, & www.facebook.com/bentkneemusic)
17. Good Girl (6:43) – Bent Knee (Taken from the album ‘Say So’; see www.bentkneemusic.com/, bentknee.bandcamp.com/, & www.facebook.com/bentkneemusic)
18. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (5:24) – Regina Spektor (Taken from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack to ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’; see www.reginaspektor.com/, www.facebook.com/reginaspektor/ & www.kubothemovie.com)
19. In Clouds (5:52) – Native Dancer (Taken from ‘EP Vol. II’; see nativedancer.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/nativedancerofficial/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be building up to EppyFest Mini when the next show is due so Daniel & Rebsie should be returning to present that one, so I hope you’ll be back to listen to that.