This is the 209th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). On tonight’s show I bring you a half-term report; a show filled with some of the best music released in the first six months of 2017. There’s no feature album this time, but you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, it’s just that all the music is taken from the first half of 2017. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 31 minutes. Downloaded file is 137.8 MB.
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘Cats’ Corner’ …
2. EppyFest Mini promo (2:06); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the event and buying tickets
3. I’ll Be Fine (6:29) – Once And Future Band (Taken from the album ‘Once And Future Band’; see onceandfutureband.bandcamp.com/album/once-future-band & www.facebook.com/OnceAndFutureBand)
4. Strange New Planet (8:42) – Bryan and the Aardvarks (Taken from the album ‘Sounds From The Deep Field’; see bryanandtheaardvarks.com/, bryanandtheaardvarks.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-from-the-deep-field, & www.facebook.com/bryanandtheaardvarks/)
9. Obelisk of Cruithne (6:46) – Karda Estra (Taken from the album ‘Infernal Spheres’; see kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/infernal-spheres, www.kardaestra.co.uk/, & www.facebook.com/pages/Karda-Estra/67051130804)
10. Nou Tout Se Yonn (4:46) – Bokanté (Taken from the album ‘Strange Circles’; see www.musicworksinternational.com/special-projects-index/bokante & www.facebook.com/bokantemusic/)
11. In The Woods With Tony Iommi (6:27) – The Bob Lazar Story (Taken from the album ‘Baritonia’; see theboblazarstory.bandcamp.com/album/baritonia, www.lucidbrucemusic.com/, & www.facebook.com/theboblazarstory)
12. Death and Taxes (5:05) – Doris Brendel & Lee Dunham (Taken from the album ‘Eclectica′; see www.dorisbrendel.com/ & www.facebook.com/Doris-Brendel-130204340368274/?ref=hl)
16. Palm Trees (live) (4:02) – The Fierce And The Dead (Taken from the album ‘Field Recordings′; see tfatd.bandcamp.com/album/field-recordings-live, www.fierceandthedead.com/ & www.facebook.com/fierceandthedead?fref=ts)
17. These Are The Days (3:24) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Whose Dream Are You Living? (2017 CD version)’; see timburness.bandcamp.com, www.timburness.com/ & www.facebook.com/Tim-Burness-195607947167604/)
18. Tracking Signals (4:07) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Happy People’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/happy-people, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
23. The Infinite (5:44) – +1 (Taken from the EP ‘Pendulum′; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
24. Eliza Harora (3:29) – Emma Gatrill (Taken from the album ‘Cocoon’; see www.emmagatrill.com/, itunes.apple.com/gb/album/cocoon/id1213764798, emmagatrill.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/emmagatrill)
25. Hertier (5:20) – Bokanté (Taken from the album ‘Strange Circles’; see www.musicworksinternational.com/special-projects-index/bokante & www.facebook.com/bokantemusic/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back again next time with a review of some great music from 2016 that didn’t feature in my top 30 album countdown, so I hope you’ll be back to listen to that show.