This is the 211th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is currently occupied with preparations for EppyFest, so Daniel Staniforth and Rebsie Fairholm are kindly sitting in again to present one of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music. The feature album is the soundtrack from the 1967 TV series The Prisoner starring Patrick McGoohan, and there will be three tracks from a 3-CD soundtrack compilation from the series. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 51 minutes. Downloaded file is 101 MB.
1. Argizagi ederra (4:15) – Halzea (Taken from the album ‘Hontz Gaua’; see www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=588)
2. Stay (3:35) – Ex Reverie (Available as a download single; see exreverie.bandcamp.com/music)
3. Winter is a Coloured Bird (8:01) – Comus (Taken from the album ‘Song to Comus’; see https://comusmusic.co.uk)
4. Main Titles – Full Version (3:33) – The Ron Grainer Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘The Prisoner [File #3]’; see www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-File-3)
5. Prog Noir (5:39) – Stick Men (Taken from the album ‘Prog Noir’; see www.iapetus-media.com/stick-men)
6. The Nortihorticulturalist (3:25) – Tea & Symphony (Taken from the album ‘Jo Sago’; see www.discogs.com/artist/458852-Tea-Symphony)
7. Life Amongst the Black Sheep (5:30) – Peter Ulrich (Taken from the album ‘Pathways and Dawns’; see www.discogs.com/artist/141747-Peter-Ulrich)
8. Don’t Look Down Or Back (4:57) – Tunng (Taken from the album ‘…And Then We Saw Land’; see www.tunng.co.uk)
9. Back to the Cottage (2:43) – Original TV Soundtrack (Taken from the album ‘The Prisoner [File #1]’; see www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-File-1)
10. Heaven is Here (15:24) – Roy Harper (Taken from the album ‘Man & Myth’; see www.royharper.co.uk)
11. Fake Yer Death (4:06) – Orion Rigel Dommisse (Taken from the album ‘What I Want From You Is Sweet’; see orionrigeldommisse.bandcamp.com)
12. Gone With the Mouse (5:03) – Fuchsia (Taken from the album ‘Fuchsia’; see www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2585)
13. Black is the Colour (5:51) – Dry Spells (Taken from the album ‘Too Soon for Flowers’; see https://dryspells.bandcamp.com)
14. Ashes (6:01) – :novemthree: (Taken from the album ‘From These Ashes’; https://novemthree.bandcamp.com)
15. EppyFest Mini promo (2:06); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the event and buying tickets
16. Dreamy Party (2:06) – Original TV Soundtrack (Taken from the album ‘The Prisoner [File #1]’; see www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-File-1)
17. May I? (3:24) – Kevin Ayers & The Whole World (Taken from the album ‘Shooting At the Moon’; see www.discogs.com/artist/45646-Kevin-Ayers)
18.Psyche I & Share Your Water (5:28) – These Trails (Taken from the album ‘These Trails’; see www.discogs.com/These-Trails-These-Trails/release/1904529)
19. Suurin (5:57) – L.E.A.F. (Taken from the album ‘LYS’; see www.leaf-music.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and a special thanks to Daniel & Rebsie for sitting in. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy should be back next time, so we hope you’ll be back to listen to the next edition of the show.