This is the 264th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Following the last show, where I offered part 1 of my ‘best of the rest of 2018’, this show has less of an overall theme to it. There’s no feature album for this show, but there is a theme of sorts, with four tracks about outer space scattered throughout the playlist. Otherwise there will be lots of new 2019 music, plus the occasional step back into the past, even going as far back as 1959, and we’ll be covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres so hopefully you will find much to enjoy. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 26 minutes. Downloaded file is 133.3 MB.
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
3. Estranged (4:26) – Paul Morricone (Taken from the album ‘The Dissolving Man’; see paulmorricone.com/ & paulmorricone.bandcamp.com/album/the-dissolving-man)
9. Loki Had Been Drinking (6:19) – Duir (Taken from the album ‘Sodden Dogs And Blind, Winged Horses’; see duir1.bandcamp.com/album/sodden-dogs-and-blind-winged-horses)
11. The Garden (7:18) – Brad Mehldau (Taken from the album ‘Finding Gabriel’; see www.bradmehldau.com, www.nonesuch.com/journal/brad-mehldau-new-album-finding-gabriel-due-may-17-nonesuch-records-2019-04-02 & www.facebook.com/BradMehldau/)
12. I, Octopus (4:05) – Úna Quinn (Taken from the album ‘Inside Out’; see uquinn.bandcamp.com/album/inside-out)
14. Whirling (2:33) – Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan (Originally from the album ‘The Fascinating World Of Electronic Music’ but in this case the track was taken from the compilation ‘Incantations For Tape’ – see soundmiraclerecordings.bandcamp.com/album/incantations-for-tape; see also clone.nl/item51192.html)
15. Autumn’s Left Quieter (4:17) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘The Divide’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/product/tony-patterson-doug-melbourne-the-divide-cd/ & www.onemorething-music.uk/)
16. Heroes (4:44) – Himmelsgräns (Taken from the ‘Heroes’ EP; see www.facebook.com/himmelsgrans/)
23. Three Suns (2:28) – Segun Akinola (Taken from the album ‘Doctor Who: Series 11’; see www.segunakinola.com, www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/0b242939-4cc6-471d-8924-a9ed43d4457a & www.facebook.com/segunakinolacomposer/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a show that I’m hoping will be based around an interview, as long as I can get my arse in gear and write the questions. Either way, I’ll be back so I hope you’ll join me then.