This is the 272nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your usual host is taking a bit of a break this time but the show will go on, with regular guest presenters Rebsie & Daniel kindly standing in for him. They’ll be bringing you their own unique take on Eppy Gibbon music again. Their feature album this time is ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’ by Sundae Club, plus there’s the usual mixture of great & eclectic sounds from bands/acts you know & quite a lot that you won’t. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 13 minutes. Downloaded file is 121.7 MB.
1. Orangeblu (4:07) – Andy Nice (Taken from the album ‘The Secrets of Me’; see www.fandf.bandcamp.com)
2. Miri It Is (2:37) – Circulus (Taken from the album ‘The Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to be Sent’; see www.circulus.bandcamp.com)
3. Skies Crying (4:52) – Anthony Phillips (Taken from the album ‘Strings of Light’; see www.anthonyphillips.co.uk)
4. Wilderness (3:06) – Susanna & the Brotherhood of Our Lady (Taken from the album ‘Garden of Earthly Delights’; see www.susannasonata.com)
5. Playing Nero (4:17) – The Mark Lanegan Band (Taken from the album ‘Somebody’s Knocking’; see www.marklanegan.com)
6. Sleep (3:12) – Chad Walsh (Taken from the EP ‘The Miracle of Sleep’; see www.chadwalsh.bandcamp.com)
7. Matt Berry’s Music For Insomniacs (The ffs Sound Studio Recording) (4:40) – Sundae Club (Taken from the album ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’; see www.sundaeclub.bandcamp.com)
8. And The World Was Gone (4:36) – Snow Ghosts (Taken from the album ‘A Small Murmuration’; see snowghosts.bandcamp.com)
9. Unison (3:13) – The Mystery of Bulgarian Voices & Lisa Gerrard (Taken from the album ‘BooCheeMish’; see themysteryofthebulgarianvoices.com)
10. Shallow then Halo (4:42) – Azam Ali (Taken from the album ‘Phantoms’; see www.azamalimusic.com)
11. A Galliard by Anthony Holborne (2:13) – Jan Akkerman (Taken from the album ‘Tabernakel’; see www.janakkerman.com)
12. 110 Volts of Joy (4:18) – Sundae Club (Taken from the album ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’; see www.sundaeclub.bandcamp.com)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
13. Asylums in Jerusalem (3:12) – Scritti Politti (Taken from the album ‘Songs to Remember’; see www.scritti.net)
14. The Oldest Road (4:34) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the album ‘I Will Be A Pilgrim’; see www.archgarrison.co.uk ) Tickets and info for Arch Garrison’s forthcoming Winter Tour can be found at www.facebook.com/Owltextures.
15. Murder Cries (3:29) – Snow Ghosts (Taken from the album ‘A Small Murmuration’; see snowghosts.bandcamp.com)
16. Coucou (2:33) – Turzi (Taken from the album ‘C’; see turzi.bandcamp.com)
17. For the Sun (3:30) – Marissa Nadler & Stephen Brodsky (Taken from the album ‘Droneflower’; see marissanadler.bandcamp.com)
18. Beneath the Silence (3:46) – Murmur (Taken from the album ‘The Boundless Black’; see summonmurmur.bandcamp.com)
19. Ouch! (1:49) – The Rutles (Taken from the album ‘The Rutles’; see www.the-rutles.com)
20. Hell’s Angels (7:47) – Roy Harper (Taken from the album ‘Flat Baroque and Beserk’; see www.royharper.co.uk)
21. Keep Moving Don’t Move (5:49) – Kate Tempest (Taken from the album ‘The Book of Traps and Lessons’; see www.katetempest.co.uk)
22. Shallow (4:58) – James Yorkston (Taken from the album ‘The Route to the Harmonium’; see www.jamesyorkston.co.uk)
23. Cuckoo Song (3:58) – Les Penning & Robert Reed (Taken from the album ‘Return to Penhos’; see www.robertreed.bandcamp.com)
25. Everything Is Fine (78rpm version) (5:18) – Sundae Club (Taken from the album ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’; see www.sundaeclub.bandcamp.com)
26. Odd Even (3:19) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Sing To God’; see www.cardiacs.net and alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com). There is also a Just Giving page to raise funds for Tim Smith’s care and rehabilitation. Donations to this page are making a huge difference to his quality of life.
27. Made (3:44) – Greg Weeks (Taken from the album ‘Awake Like Sleep’; see www.gregweeks.net)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back next time with lots of great music and the usual eclectic mixture of styles and genres, and because it’s that time of the year again, it’s a festive special.