This is the 214th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show is a preview of this year’s Summer’s End Progressive Rock Festival, which is taking place on the 6th, 7th & 8th of October, in Chepstow. I’ll be chatting to the organisers about this year’s festival and previewing the line-up, including tracks from most of the bands performing over the three days, plus I’ll be suggesting some acts for future years of the festival, and we’ll be revealing some exciting news too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 32 minutes. Downloaded file is 139.3 MB.
1. Something’s Coming (5:11) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Moonshine’ which does not currently appear to be available to buy but do contact Matt if you’re interested; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/, troopersforsound.com/ & www.facebook.com/mattbaberpiano/)
2. Stranger in a Strange Land (9:26) – The Emerald Dawn (Taken from the album ‘Visions’; see theemeralddawn.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/TheEmeraldDawn/)
3. Delay Tactics (6:52) – Neil Campbell (Taken from the album ‘Through The Looking Glass’; see www.neilcampbell.org.uk/, neilcampbell.bandcamp.com/ & store.cdbaby.com/Artist/NeilCampbell)
4. Hush (3:47) – Flux (Taken from the album ‘ShadowLines’; see www.fluxofficial.com/ & www.facebook.com/Fluxofficial/)
5. Missing (6:29) – Monarch Trail (Taken from the album ‘Sand’; see www.monarchtrail.com/, store.cdbaby.com/cd/monarchtrail2 & www.kenbairdmusic.com/)
Interview with Stephen Lambe & Huw Lloyd-Jones…
6. Schehererzade (6:39) – Midnight Sun (Demo track but likely to appear in some form on the forthcoming debut release from the band; see www.facebook.com/midnightsunprog/)
7. Too Many Years (5:10) – iamthemorning (Taken from the album ‘Lighthouse’; see www.iamthemorning.com/, www.facebook.com/iamthemorningpage/ & iamthemorningband.bandcamp.com/)
8. Connection Refused (4:35) – Karibow (Taken from the album ‘Holophinium’; see www.karibow.com/ & www.facebook.com/Karibow-289948447705391/)
9. A New Reality (8:46) – Maschine (Taken from the album ‘Naturalis’; see www.maschineuk.com/ & www.facebook.com/maschineuk)
10. Closer To Irreversible (4:49) – Franck Carducci (Taken from the album ‘Torn Apart’; see www.franckcarducci.com/ & www.facebook.com/franckcarducci/)
11. Snowman (3:55) – Frost* (Taken from the album ‘Milliontown’; see frost.life/ & www.facebook.com/Official-Frost-154098904622178/)
12. Mood Elevator (5:28) – Half Past Four (Taken from the mini-album ‘Land of the Blind’; see halfpastfour.com/, halfpastfour.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/halfpastfour/)
13. The Lamb, the Badger & the Bee (6:42) – Kyros (Taken from the album ‘Vox Humana’; see www.kyrosmusic.com/, www.facebook.com/KyrosOfficial/ & kyrosmusic.bandcamp.com/)
14. Bite The Grit (4:57) – Karmakanic (Taken from the album ‘In A Perfect World’; see www.facebook.com/KarmakanicOfficial/ & www.insideoutmusic.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=433)
15. 1st Movement: Coming Up On The Hour (Overture) (5:54) – The Tangent (Taken from the album ‘Le Sacre Du Travail’; see www.thetangent.org/ & www.facebook.com/groups/alltangentmembers/)
For more details about the Summer’s End Festival, see www.summersend.co.uk/
16. Night Ocean (4:06) – Firefly Burning (Taken from the album ‘Skeleton Hill’; see www.fireflyburning.co.uk/, fireflyburning.bandcamp.com/ & en-gb.facebook.com/fireflyburning, and for more details about their gig at the Under the Edge Arts community project in Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, on Saturday 9th September, go to www.utea.org.uk/)
17. Yellow Crow (6:29) – Shankara Andy Bole (Taken from the album ‘Rainbow Crow’; see andybole.co.uk/ & andybole.bandcamp.com/album/rainbow-crow)
18. Ocean Rise (Live at Black Cat Festival, 2016) (5:55) – Paradise 9 (Taken from the album ‘20th Anniversary 1997-2017 Live’; see www.paradise9.net/, paradise9.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/paradise9band/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, to Stephen and Huw for coming in for the interview, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back again next time with a ‘normal’ show, so expect the usual eclectic mix and I hope you’ll be back to listen to that show.