This is the 299th edition (though it’s actually the 300th) of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Many thanks to Rebsie Fairholm for kindly standing in for me on the excellent previous show. This time around it’s a very special show for a couple of reasons. First, because it’s actually the 300th edition (because sometime ago I did a ‘half’ show, & if you count that then this becomes show number 300), so that seems like a thing well worth celebrating. Second, on a much more tragic note, my Mum sadly passed away back in September, so I wanted to pay musical tribute to her in much the same way that I did for my Dad back in 2019. And as with my Dad, there wasn’t a huge overlap between my Mum’s tastes and those of a typical Eppy Gibbon playlist, so what I’ve done is pick some tracks that she loved, and I’ve scattered them throughout this show’s eclectic playlist. So, some of the tracks won’t be quite what you’re used to but there should be enough typical Eppy Gibbon music to keep everyone satisfied. There’s no feature album this time, to allow me to play the tracks dedicated to my Mum, but there’s the usual mixture of great & eclectic sounds from bands/acts you’ll know plus quite a few that you won’t. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 44 minutes. Downloaded file is 149.6 MB.
1. Downtown (3:08) – Petula Clark (Taken from the album ‘Downtown’; see www.petulaclark.net/)
4. Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft (7:10) – The Carpenters (Taken from the album ‘Gold: Greatest Hits’; see www.richardandkarencarpenter.com)
5. Attention, Earthlings (5:59) – Aaron Parks (Taken from the album ‘Little Big II: Dreams of a Mechanical Man’; see aaronparksmusic.bandcamp.com/album/little-big-ii-dreams-of-a-mechanical-man, www.aaronparks.com, & www.facebook.com/aaronparks/)
6. Preludes: Book 1: No. 8: The Girl with the Flaxen Hair (3:31) – Isao Tomita (Taken from the album ‘Snowflakes Are Dancing’; see isaotomita.net/)
8. E.G. 300 (6:39) – Longstone (Single currently available as an Eppy Gibbon show exclusive but likely to be available soon to purchase via Bandcamp; see longstone.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/Longstone-35010211805/)
10. Where Do We Gotta Go Now (7:05) – Thermal And A Quarter (Taken from the album ‘A World Gone Mad’; see thermalandaquarter.bandcamp.com/album/a-world-gone-mad & www.facebook.com/thermalandaquarter)
11. The Fool On The Hill (3:00) – The Beatles (Taken from the album ‘Magical Mystery Tour’; see www.thebeatles.com/)
14. Home True (6:29) – Michael Olatuja feat. Becca Stevens & Robert Mitchell (Taken from the album ‘Lagos Pepper Soup’; see michaelolatuja-whirlwind.bandcamp.com, www.michaelolatujamusic.com & www.facebook.com/Michael-Olatuja-Lagos-Pepper-Soup-134385293905)
15. Tiny Compass (3:46) – Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor (Single available to buy via marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/track/tiny-compass-single & rebsiefairholm.bandcamp.com/track/tiny-compass-single but it will also be on the forthcoming debut album by Rebsie & Marvin, ‘Like A Delicate Psychedelicat’; see also rebsiefairholm.co.uk & marvinbnaylor.com/)
18. Memorare (4:28) – Mediaeval Baebes (Taken from the album ‘Prayers of the Rosary’; see mediaevalbaebes.bandcamp.com/album/prayers-of-the-rosary & www.facebook.com/mediaevalbaebes)
19. A Million Fires (5:40) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the EP ‘The Salt Garden III’; see foveahex.bandcamp.com)
20. Philadelphia (4:11) – Shabason, Krgovich & Harris (Taken from the album ‘Philadelphia’; see shabasonkrgovichharris.bandcamp.com/album/philadelphia)
22. Summerlong (5:22) – Abel Ganz (Taken from the album ‘The Life Of The Honey Bee and Other Moments Of Clarity’; see abelganz.bandcamp.com/album/the-life-of-the-honey-bee-and-other-moments-of-clarity, abelganz.com, & www.facebook.com/abelganzband/)
23. A Little Piece Of Heaven (2:06) – Rick Wakeman (Taken from the album ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’; see www.rwcc.com/, www.facebook.com/RickWakemanMusic, & for more about the re-released ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’, see www.cd-services.com/product_info.aspx?id=1970&qry&key&genre=24&pi=0&fbclid=IwAR1ZoKU2MrRRgOR0-rPWzPLs7XAB2963fuM4eBXT4C9qGcBnzDBDrUClXbI)
24. Here (5:45) – Aaron Parks (Taken from the album ‘Little Big II: Dreams of a Mechanical Man’; see aaronparksmusic.bandcamp.com/album/little-big-ii-dreams-of-a-mechanical-man, www.aaronparks.com, & www.facebook.com/aaronparks/)
27. Woman In Love (3:53) – Barbra Streisand (Taken from the album ‘Guilty’; see barbrastreisand.com/#home)
28. Sunshine On Leith (5:16) – The Proclaimers (Taken from the album ‘Sunshine On Leith’; see the.proclaimers.co.uk)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join us for the next show when there will be lots more great music and the usual eclectic mixture of styles and genres, and because it’s that time of the year again, it’s a festive special.