This is the 263rd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Following the last show, where I offered a review of some of the best music to be found on albums, EPs and singles released so far in 2019, this time around I’m actually going back in time as this is part 1 of my ‘best of the rest of 2018’, featuring some of the music that didn’t get featured in either my ‘EPs of 2018’ or in my ‘top 30 albums of 2018’ shows. There’s no feature album for this show, but there is sort of a feature country, with four tracks from different Japanese acts scattered throughout the playlist. We’ll be covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres so hopefully you will find much to enjoy. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 35 minutes. Downloaded file is 141.2 MB.
1. Rainbow (2:47) – Matt Berry (Taken from the album ‘Television Themes’; see acidjazz.bigcartel.com/product/matt-berry-television-themes-signed-cd, www.themattberry.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/mattberrymusic/)
2. Eskimo (7:23) – The Quill (Taken from the album ‘The Tower at Hunter’s Moon’; see thequillmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-tower-at-hunters-moon & www.facebook.com/thequillmusic/)
4. Other Half Rule (4:34) – David Crosby (Taken from the album ‘Here If You Listen’; see davidcrosby.com)
6. Roho Ulio Toweka (5:11) – Kuunatic (Taken from the shared EP ‘Roho Ulio Toweka // Ants // Worship’; see kuunatic.bandcamp.com/album/roho-ulio-toweka-ants-worship & www.facebook.com/kuunatic/)
9. Social Candy (4:24) – Psychedelic Porn Crumpets (Single available to download via psychedelicporncrumpets.bandcamp.com/album/social-candy & also to be found on the album ‘And Now For The Whatchamacallit’; see also www.psychedelicporncrumpets.com/ & www.facebook.com/psychedelicprncrumpets/)
11. Mad World (5:32) – Youngblood Brass Band (Taken from the album ‘Covers 1’; see youngbloodbrassbandofficial.bandcamp.com/album/covers-1, www.youngbloodbrassband.com & www.facebook.com/youngbloodbrassband)
14. Keys To The Kingdom (4:09) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘Arms Open Wide’; see mikekershaw.bandcamp.com/album/arms-open-wide, www.kershmusic.com & www.facebook.com/Mike-Kershaw-144511622309101/)
15. World In Action (2:43) – Matt Berry (Taken from the album ‘Television Themes’; see acidjazz.bigcartel.com/product/matt-berry-television-themes-signed-cd, www.themattberry.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/mattberrymusic/)
16. 1967 (3:20) – David Crosby (Taken from the album ‘Here If You Listen’; see davidcrosby.com)
22. The Lake (4:46) – Talitha Rise (Taken from the album ‘An Abandoned Orchid House’; see talitharise.bandcamp.com/album/an-abandoned-orchid-house-digital-pre-order, www.talitharise.com/ & www.facebook.com/talitharise/)
23. The Barefoot Chocolate Maker (5:47) – Lathe of Heaven (Taken from the album ‘Now There’s No Room’; see latheofheavenuk.com & www.facebook.com/Lathe-of-Heaven-1755313944532327/)
24. If Planets Were Nearby (6:09) – Elif Yalvac (Taken from the album ‘L’appel du Vide′; see hazalelif.bandcamp.com)
25. Slow Movements (8:43) – Kavus Torabi (Taken from the ‘Solar Divination’ EP; see kavustorabi.bandcamp.com/releases)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a show… I’m not quite sure what it will be like, but there probably won’t be a theme, it’ll just be me catching up with some recent releases and playing a few other odds and ends that take my fancy. I hope you’ll join me for that.