This is the seventy-ninth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This show is a guest slot introduced by Rebsie Fairholm and Daniel Staniforth of Alchymical Muse. The feature album is ‘The Bairns’ by Rachel Unthank and the Winterset, searing modal songs from Tyne & Wear, along with a lovingly selected range of tracks and artists from diverse sources. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 45 minutes. Downloaded file is 100 MB.
1. Neverglade (6:17) – Trentemøller (Taken from the ‘Reworked/Remixed’ EP; see www.myspace.com/trentemoeller )
2. Broceliande (4:08) – Alan Stivell (Taken from the album ‘Reflets’; see www.alan-stivell.com )
3. I’m Like the Paper (3:16) – Nancy Elizabeth (Taken from the album ‘Battle & Victory’; see www.myspace.com/nancyelizabethcunliffe )
4. Whitehorn (6:09) – Rachel Unthank & The Winterset (Taken from the album ‘The Bairns’: see www.myspace.com/rachelunthank )
6. Migraine (4:06) – Dada Trash Collage (Taken from the EP ‘Fun Fund’; see dadatrashcollage.com/intro.cfm )
7. Moody Bible (3:31) – Nicole Miglis (Taken from the self titled EP; see nicolemiglis.bandcamp.com )
8. Mìle Marbhaisg air a’ Ghaol (3:39) – Mairi Morrison & Alasdair Roberts (Taken from the album ‘Urstan’; see www.alasdairroberts.com/news )
9. Orpheus (3:08) – Circulus (Taken from the album ‘The Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to be Sent’; see www.circulus.org )
10. Epitaph (3:24) – Trees (Taken from the album ‘The Garden of Jane Delawney’; see www.last.fm/music/Trees )
11. Stigmata Martyr (3:42) – Bauhaus (Taken from the album ‘In Flat Field’; see www.bauhausmusik.com )
12. The Milkman (4:02) – Mice (Taken from the album ‘New & Improved’; no web presence for this band, but see www.julianneregan.net )
13. Death of a Supernaturalist (3:20) – The Divine Comedy (Taken from album ‘Liberation’; see www.thedivinecomedy.com )
14. My Donald (8:06) – Rachel Unthank & The Winterset (Taken from the album ‘The Bairns’; see www.myspace.com/rachelunthank )
15. Close the Coalhouse Door (7:02) – The Unthanks (Taken from the album ‘Last’; see www.the-unthanks.com )
16. The Morrigan’s Dream/Time to Kill (8:33) – Horslips (Taken from the album ‘The Táin’; see www.horslips.ie )
17. Pretty Saro (4:19) – Shirley Collins & Davy Graham (Taken from the album ‘Folk Roots, New Routes’; see www.shirleycollins.co.uk/davy.htm )
18. Utopia (6:16) – Brendan Perry (Taken from the album ‘Ark’; see www.brendan-perry.com )
Many thanks to Epileptic Gibbon for entrusting us with another guest slot. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) Eppy will be back for the next episode with another interesting show.