This is the 261st edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This is very much an atypical edition of the show given that it is a musical tribute to my Dad who sadly passed away recently. There was not a huge overlap between my Dad’s tastes and those of a typical Eppy Gibbon playlist, but I’ve tried to balance things out so you can still expect a typically eclectic mixture of music, including several tracks that my Dad loved and others that have some connection with him, however tenuous. There’s no feature album this time around, but hopefully you will find much to enjoy on the show all the same. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 44 minutes. Downloaded file is 95.2 MB.
1. Main Titles (2:20) – The Ron Grainer Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘The Prisoner [File #1]’; see www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoner-File-1-Various-Artists/dp/B00006C2OI)
4. Ravel’s Bolero (6:07) – Echo Park Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Hymns of the Black Flag’; see echoparkorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-of-the-black-flag & www.echoparkorchestra.com/)
5. Dovedale (9:00) – The Quill (Taken from the album ‘The Tower at Hunter’s Moon’; see thequillmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-tower-at-hunters-moon & www.facebook.com/thequillmusic/)
6. Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini Var. XVIII – Rachmaninoff (2:59) – Luke Faulkner (Taken from the album ‘Rêverie’; see lukefaulkner.bandcamp.com/album/r-verie, www.lukefaulkner.com & www.facebook.com/lukefaulknermusic/)
7. It Would Never Have Worked (live) (2:39) – Victoria Wood (Taken from the album ‘Victoria Wood: Live′; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Wood)
9. Rhapsody in blue – Gershwin (16:03) – Carl-August Bünte & Pro Musica Symphony Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘The Gershwin Collection’; see gershwin.com/)
10. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) (3:53) – Rupert Holmes (Taken from the album ‘Escape…The Best Of’; see www.rupertholmes.com/index.htm)
12. Soul Limbo (2:22) – Booker T & The MGs (Taken from the album ‘Soul Limbo’; see bookert.com/)
14. Song for Guy (6:50) – Elton John (Taken from the album ‘A Single Man’; see www.eltonjohn.com)
A few words from Katharine Blake about the new album by Mediaeval Baebes…
15. Georgie Porgie/Girls and Boys (2:47) – Mediaeval Baebes (Taken from the album ‘A Pocketful of Posies’; see mediaevalbaebes.bandcamp.com, www.mediaevalbaebes.com & www.facebook.com/mediaevalbaebes/)
16. Father, Son (4:56) – Peter Gabriel (Taken from the album ‘OVO’; see petergabriel.com)
19. Chariots Of Fire (3:29) – Vangelis (Taken from the compilation album ‘The Collection’; see elsew.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, to all listeners, and most of all to my dear departed Dad and to everyone who has been supportive and kind to me and my family over the past few months. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a more typical show as it’ll be my half-term report, as I play what I regard to be some of the best music of 2019 so far. I hope you’ll join me for that.