This is the 184th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is taking a short break, as he continues his final preparations for EppyFest 5, so Daniel & Rebsie of Alchymical Muse are kindly sitting in again to present one of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music. Their choice of feature album is ‘Sub Rosa’, the 2007 album by Mirabilis, and there will be three tracks from that. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 23 minutes. Downloaded file is 115.9 MB.
1. Carolan’s Farewell to Music (3:51) – Mark Harmer (Taken from the album ‘Carolan’s Journey’; see www.yourmusic.biz/)
2. Ravnene (2:36) – Folque (Taken from the album ‘Folque’; see www.discogs.com/artist/1152912-Folque)
6. When the Lights Go Out All Over Europe (3:30) – The Divine Comedy (Taken from the album ‘Promenade’; see www.thedivinecomedy.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Divine-Comedy/288798654027)
7. Suantrai (2:43) – Anúna (Taken from the album ‘Anúna’; see www.anuna.ie/)
8. Eras (4:30) – Juana Molina (Taken from the album ‘Wed 21’; see www.juanamolina.com/)
10. EppyFest 5 promo (2:44); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the festival and buying tickets
11. Gedanken (5:16) – Bröselmaschine (Taken from the album ‘Bröselmaschine’; see www.discogs.com/artist/304885-Bröselmaschine)
12. The Candidate (2:11) – Alex Glasgow (Taken from the album ‘Songs of Alex Glasgow Vol.1 & 2’; see www.mawson-wareham.com)
15. Minerva (4:17) – Synanthesia (Taken from the album ‘Synanthesia’; see www.discogs.com/artist/1060108-Synanthesia)
16. The Sad Skinhead (2:37) – Faust (Taken from the album ‘Faust IV’; see www.faust-pages.com/)
17. Autosleeper (4:48) – Chapterhouse (Taken from the album ‘Whirlpool’; see www.chapterhouse.info/)
18. We are Dreamers (5:21) – Tindersticks (Taken from the album ‘The Waiting Room’; see www.tindersticks.co.uk)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
21. Apache (2:43) – Southern Death Cult (Taken from the album ‘The Southern Death Cult’; see www.deathrock.com/southerndeathcult/main.html)
22. Marian (5:42) – Sisters of Mercy (Taken from the album ‘First and Last and Always’; see www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com)
23. Le Mariage Anglais (4:07) – Malicorne (Taken from the album ‘Le Mariage Anglais’; see www.gabrielyacoub.com/)
24. Quiet Joys of Brotherhood (4:28) – Sandy Denny (Taken from the album ‘Sandy’; see www.sandydennyofficial.com)
27. Refugees (6:26) – Van der Graaf Generator (Taken from the album ‘The Least We Can Do is Wave to Each Other’; see www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk)
28. Al-Juththa (The Corpse) (5:57) – Alif (Taken from the album ‘Aynama-Rtama’; see alifmusic.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and a special thanks to Daniel & Rebsie for sitting in. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy should be be back next time, hopefully with a half-term report on the musical year of 2016, so we hope you’ll be back to listen to the next edition of the show.