This is the 245th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). If you’re reading this you presumably survived the terrors unleashed by the recent Halloween special and hopefully you’re now ready for a more normal show, whatever that means. We have a feature album this time around, ‘Coming Home’, the 2014 solo album by Paul Mallyon so you’ll hear three tracks from that. And of course you can also expect the usual eclectic musical mix, with lots of brand new music from 2018, and a few older tracks thrown in for good measure. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 34 minutes. Downloaded file is 141 MB.
1. Outer Space Mission (1:59) – Julius Vanderbilt (Taken from the album ‘Action Catalyst’; see juliusvanderbilt.bandcamp.com/album/action-catalyst & www.mixcloud.com/JuliusVanderbilt/)
2. I’m Desperate (4:10) – BC Camplight (Taken from the album ‘Deportation Blues’; see bellaunion.com/artists/bc-camplight/)
3. The Present Day (3:28) – Paul Mallyon (Taken from the album ‘Coming Home’; see store.cdbaby.com/cd/paulmallyon & the album is also available to download via Amazon & iTunes)
4. Stoneage Dinosaurs (5:42) – Gilmore Trail & Friends (Available as a single – see gilmoretrail.bandcamp.com/album/stoneage-dinosaurs, www.gilmoretrail.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/gilmoretrail)
As part of the feature ‘Cats’ Corner’:
8. Lone Wolf And Cub (5:29) – Thundercat (Taken from the EP ‘The Beyond/Where the Giants Roam’; see thundercat.bandcamp.com/album/the-beyond-where-the-giants-roam-1)
10. AlgoRhythm (6:02) – Henrik Schwarz & Metropole Orkest (Taken from the album ‘Scripted Orkestra’; see henrikschwarzandmetropoleorkest.bandcamp.com/album/scripted-orkestra-conducted-by-jules-buckley & www.facebook.com/henrikschwarz.official/)
11. Pen! Paper! Paper! Pen! (1:49) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Now We Have Power′; see sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/album/now-we-have-power-2, www.sanguinehum.com/blog/2018/6/29/now-we-have-power-coming-october-12th-2018, music.badelephant.co.uk & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum/)
12. In Circles (5:02) – Paul Mallyon (Taken from the album ‘Coming Home’; see store.cdbaby.com/cd/paulmallyon & the album is also available to download via Amazon & iTunes)
13. A Swallow Song (3:49) – Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor (Not currently available to buy, this track is likely to appear on the next Rebsie Fairholm solo album; see rebsiefairholm.businesscatalyst.com/ & marvinbnaylor.com/)
16. Wildtrak (2:15) – Matt Berry (Taken from the album ‘Television Themes’; see acidjazz.bigcartel.com/product/matt-berry-television-themes-signed-cd, www.themattberry.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/mattberrymusic/)
22. Marionettes (7:56) – Lathe of Heaven (Taken from the album ‘Now There’s No Room’; see latheofheavenuk.com & www.facebook.com/Lathe-of-Heaven-1755313944532327/)
23. Opal Furl (4:50) – Tribes of Europe vs. Skeleton Hand (Taken from the EP ‘Some Earth Music For The Lonely Children of Space (And Other Dimensions)’; see tribesofeurope.bandcamp.com/album/some-earth-music-for-the-lonely-children-of-space-and-other-dimensions & soundcloud.com/tribes-of-europe)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
26. Ain’t No Pleasing You (4:14) – Chas & Dave (Taken from the compilation album ‘Greatest’; see www.chasndave.net/)
27. The Colour of You (4:21) – Paul Mallyon (Taken from the album ‘Coming Home’; see store.cdbaby.com/cd/paulmallyon & the album is also available to download via Amazon & iTunes)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’m going to be snowed under with work, but my regular guest presenters Rebsie & Daniel will return with their own take on Eppy Gibbon music, so I hope you’ll return for that.