This is the 292nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I hope you enjoyed the previous show where we particularly focused on the art rock band Girl Swallows Nightingale, including an interview with their lead singer-songwriter, plus three tracks from their excellent debut album ‘Shapeshifter’. We have another feature album this time around, but we go back 20 years to the year 2000 and the debut album by Goldfrapp, ‘Felt Mountain’, and you’ll hear a couple of tracks from that on this playlist. Other than that you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture, including loads of tracks from 2020, plus a few things of a slightly older vintage. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 28 minutes. Downloaded file is 135.8 MB.
3. The Bell Underground (4:09) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘The Bitter Lay’; see www.thegenepool.co.uk/items/the-bitter-lay/2171.htm, archgarrison1.bandcamp.com/album/the-bitter-lay & www.archgarrison.co.uk/)
4. Twins on Fire (4:45) – Trampoline (Taken from the album ‘Happy Crimes’; see trampolinesounds.bandcamp.com/album/happy-crimes, www.trampolinetheband.com, www.facebook.com/Trampolinetheband/); & to contribute to the fundraiser for the band’s second full-length album, see www.gofundme.com/f/trampoline039s-second-fulllength-album-fundraiser)
5. Mr G (3:26) – Once And Future Band (Taken from the album ‘Deleted Scenes’; see onceandfutureband.bandcamp.com/album/deleted-scenes & www.facebook.com/OnceAndFutureBand)
9. Ocotillo (4:50) – LOMA (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Don’t Shy Away′; see lomamusic.bandcamp.com/album/dont-shy-away, lomatheband.com, www.subpop.com/artists/loma & www.facebook.com/lomatheband)
15. Rosa (6:07) – Kinematik (Taken from the album ‘Murur al-Kiram’; see beaconsound.bandcamp.com/album/kinematik-murur-al-kiram, rupturedthelabel.bandcamp.com/album/murur-al-kiram, www.wearebeaconsound.com & www.facebook.com/knmtklb)
16. Quiet Days On Earth (7:21) – Electric Mud (Taken from the album ‘Quiet Days On Earth’; see electricmud.bandcamp.com)
18. Day Is Gone (3:36) – The Trudy (Taken from the album ‘Leader of the Starry Skies – A Tribute to Tim Smith (Songbook 1)’; see burningshed.com/variousartists_tributeto_2vinyl, www.thetrudy.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/The-Trudy-169765433591/ & www.cardiacs.net)
21. Spartan (4:50) – The Gasman (Taken from the album ‘Instrumental Computer Music’; see thegasman.bandcamp.com/album/instrumental-computer-music & www.facebook.com/gasmanmusic/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back for the next show when I’ll be paying tribute to the music, the legacy and the genius of the late, great Tim Smith, so I hope you’ll come back for that.