This is the 229th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This time we have a special guest, Stephen Lambe, but he’s not here to talk about Summers End this time but rather he’s picked a special theme that links together all the music on tonight’s show. We also have a feature artist who fits in with this wider theme, as it’s Bill Bruford, in assorted musical guises. We’ll be covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, even whilst celebrating the 50th anniversary of a certain band. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 27 minutes. Downloaded file is 134.42 MB.
1. No Truce with the Furies (4:59) – Bill Bruford’s Earthworks (Taken from the album ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’; www.billbruford.com/)
2. Give Love Each Day (edit) (2:04) – Yes (Taken from the album ‘Magnification’; see yesworld.com/)
3. Small Beginnings (single version) (3:12) – Flash (Taken from the album ‘Flash’; see www.flash.net.co/)
5. Beelzebub (3:24) – Bill Bruford (Taken from the album ‘Feels Good To Me’; see www.billbruford.com/)
6. Alive & Well (4:44) – Jon Anderson (Taken from the album ‘Change We Must’; see www.jonanderson.com/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
11. From The Turn Of The Card (3:47) – Gordon Giltrap & Oliver Wakeman, feat. Benoit David (Taken from the album ‘Ravens & Lullabies’; see giltrap.co.uk/cds/f/CDs/4149/)
13. Fainting in Coils (6:54) – Bruford (Taken from the album ‘One of a Kind’; see www.billbruford.com/)
15. Song Of A Sad Little Girl (live) (5:29) – The Strawbs (Taken from the album ‘Just A Collection Of Antiques & Curios’; see www.strawbsweb.co.uk/)
16. Palewell Park (4:01) – Bruford (Taken from the album ‘Gradually Going Tornado’; see www.billbruford.com/)
17. Disillusion (1:40) – Steve Howe (Taken from the album ‘Natural Timbre’; see stevehowe.com/)
18. The Cape (2:57) – Trevor Rabin (Taken from the album ‘Can’t Look Away’; see trevorrabin.net/)
19. Close To The Hype (4:05) – C2T Hype feat. Jon Anderson (Single; see www.jonanderson.com/)
20. Kabala (4:58) – Patrick Moraz (Taken from the album ‘Out In The Sun’; see www.patrickmoraz.com/)
22. Subterraneans (8:23) – Dylan Howe (Taken from the album ‘Subterranean – New Designs On Bowie’s Berlin’; see dylanhowe.bandcamp.com/album/subterranean-new-designs-on-bowies-berlin & www.dylanhowe.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, plus a special thanks to Stephen Lambe for coming into the studio and picking the theme and most of the music. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back again next time, hopefully with another special guest, so we hope to see you back for that.