This is the 248th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. Unfortunately the iTunes subscription no longer appears to be working so either download the show via the link above, or stream the show via Mixcloud (if you become a follower you can find out whenever I add new shows there) and the show can also be found on the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I hope you enjoyed the previous festive edition of the show, but we still have one final eppysode for 2018. This show is built around an interview with singer-songwriter & guitarist Marvin B Naylor & he’ll be talking about his own music and also about some of his favourite tracks from other artists. We’ll also have an Eppy Gibbon first – a live session recorded by Marvin in the Eppy Gibbon studio. You can expect a great mixture of music and chat in this show, and a typically eclectic playlist. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours. Downloaded file is 110 MB.
1. Til Death… (4:27) – Marvin B Naylor (Taken from the album ‘The Stargazer’s Symphonium’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-stargazers-symphonium & marvinbnaylor.com/)
3. You Are My Life (3:12) – Peter Sarstedt (Taken from the compilation album ‘The Peter Sarstedt Collection’; see www.discogs.com/artist/269095-Peter-Sarstedt)
4. Chopin: Barcarolle In F Sharp, Op. 60, B 158 (9:31) – Arthur Rubinstein (Taken from the album ‘Rubinstein Collection, Vol. 46’; see www.gramophone.co.uk/feature/arthur-rubinstein-wine-women-and-the-piano)
5. A Swallow Song (3:49) – Rebsie Fairholm & Marvin B Naylor (Not currently available to buy, this track is likely to appear on the next Rebsie Fairholm solo album; see rebsiefairholm.businesscatalyst.com/ & marvinbnaylor.com/)
6. Blue By You (3:25) – Marvin B Naylor (Live session recorded exclusively for the Eppy Gibbon show but the original track can be found on the album ‘The Stargazer’s Symphonium’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-stargazers-symphonium & marvinbnaylor.com/)
7. The Bells Of Rhymney (3:35) – The Byrds (Taken from the album ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’; see www.thebyrds.com/)
9. I Am A Summer Night (8:57) – Marvin B Naylor (Taken from the album ‘Earth and All The Universes’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/earth-and-all-the-universes & marvinbnaylor.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, specifically to Marvin for coming in to do the interview and the session, and to all listeners. All the best for the New Year! Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show it’ll be the first of 2019, but I’ll be spending it reviewing some of my favourite EP releases of 2018, so I hope you’ll return for that.