This is the 274th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Following our recent festive edition of the show, this time I’m back with what might be considered more of a ‘normal’ show, plus it’s the last show of 2019. We have a feature album this time around, ‘Silent Sentinel’, the 2015 album by the American band Advent, so you’ll hear three tracks from that. And of course you can also expect the usual eclectic musical mix, including lots of 2019 music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 30 minutes. Downloaded file is 136.9 MB.
1. Murmuration (5:26) – Suns Of The Tundra (Taken from the album ‘Murmuration’; see sunsofthetundra.bandcamp.com/album/murmuration, www.sunsofthetundra.co.uk & www.facebook.com/Suns-of-the-Tundra-110273055808299/)
2. The Uncharted Path (6:23) – Advent (Taken from the album ‘Silent Sentinel’; see advent-prog.bandcamp.com/album/silent-sentinel-cd-quality & www.adventmusic.net/)
3. Slot Machine of Faith (4:35) – Damon Smith (Single available to buy via Bandcamp – damonsmithmusic.bandcamp.com/album/slot-machine-of-faith; see also www.damonisaacsmith.com/)
4. St. Mark Is Howling In The City Of Night (6:20) – Brad Mehldau (Taken from the album ‘Finding Gabriel’; see www.bradmehldau.com, www.nonesuch.com/journal/brad-mehldau-new-album-finding-gabriel-due-may-17-nonesuch-records-2019-04-02 & www.facebook.com/BradMehldau/)
6. Fake News (4:22) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘The Divide’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/product/tony-patterson-doug-melbourne-the-divide-cd/ & www.onemorething-music.uk/)
8. Tell Me Something I Don’t Know (3:00) – Himmelsgräns (Digital single available from all the usual places; see www.facebook.com/himmelsgrans/)
9. Our Boldest Daughter (4:13) – Matthew Edwards and the Unfortunates (Taken from the album ‘The Birmingham Poets’; see www.matthewedwardsandtheunfortunates.com/, matthewedwardsandtheunfortunates.bandcamp.com/album/the-birmingham-poets-2 & www.facebook.com/MatthewEdwardsAndTheUnfortunates/)
11. Superstitions (3:19) – Suko Pyramid (Taken from the album ‘Emotional Porn’; see sukopyramidbc.bandcamp.com/album/emotional-porn)
12. FreeFall (7:33) – Hanford Flyover (Taken from the album ‘FreeFall’; see hanfordflyover.bandcamp.com/album/freefall-album &
13. Voices from California (7:34) – Advent (Taken from the album ‘Silent Sentinel’; see advent-prog.bandcamp.com/album/silent-sentinel-cd-quality & www.adventmusic.net/)
17. Somewhere in This Universe Somebody Hits a Drum (7:11) – Yuval Ron (Taken from the album ‘Somewhere in This Universe Somebody Hits a Drum’; see yuvalron.com, yuvalron.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/YuvalRonMusic)
18. Ascent Of Wonder (5:34) – Tobin Mueller (Taken from the album ‘Wonder’; see www.tobinmueller.com/wonder/)
19. Nocturnity (5:14) – Sirkis/Bialas International Quartet (Taken from the album ‘Our New Earth’; asafsirkis-moonjune.bandcamp.com/album/our-new-earth-hd & www.asafsirkis.com)
21. Is it love? (9:07) – OSE | ओस (Taken from the album ‘With & Without’; see ghunghru.bandcamp.com/album/with-without)
22. Romanitas (12:03) – Advent (Taken from the album ‘Silent Sentinel’; see advent-prog.bandcamp.com/album/silent-sentinel-cd-quality & www.adventmusic.net/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. All the very best for the New Year! Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time for the first show of 2020, hopefully beginning my top 30 countdown of my favourite albums of 2019, so I hope to see you then.