This is the 262nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Following the last show, where I offered a musical tribute to my Dad, this time we’re in more traditional Eppy Gibbon musical territory. This show entirely focuses on music from 2019, as I focus on some of the best music to be found on albums, EPs and singles released so far this year. I’m trying to cram in as much music as possible from many different releases, so therefore there will not be a feature album for this show. We’ll be covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, plus there’s another nod to the upcoming EppyFest 8. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 28 minutes. Downloaded file is 135.1 MB.
4. It Won’t Be Long (2:52) – Firefly Burning (Taken from the album ‘Breathe Shallow’; see fireflyburning.bandcamp.com/album/breathe-shallow, www.fireflyburning.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/fireflyburning)
5. Heavenly Bodies (4:27) – Danielle Taylor (Taken from the EP ‘Why Are We Surprised When Seasons Change?’; see danielletaylorharp.bandcamp.com/album/why-are-we-surprised-when-seasons-change)
A few words from Katharine Blake about the new album by Mediaeval Baebes…
17. Apocalypse II (the rebirth) (6:50) – Trampoline (Taken from the album ‘Happy Crimes’; see trampolinesounds.bandcamp.com/album/happy-crimes, www.trampolinetheband.com, & www.facebook.com/Trampolinetheband/)
19. EppyFest promo (2:09) (You can see Marvin B Naylor & many others at EppyFest 8 on 20th July; see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the event and buying tickets)
20. Timeling (3:17) – Marvin B Naylor (Taken from the album ‘Bright Blinds’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/bright-blinds & marvinbnaylor.com/)
22. You Don’t Speak For Me (edit) (3:56) – Tribes of Europe & Barbara Stretch (Single available to buy via tribesofeurope.bandcamp.com/album/you-dont-speak-for-me; see also soundcloud.com/tribes-of-europe)
25. So Long, John (3:27) – Damon Smith (Taken from the album ‘God of the Grid′; see damonsmithmusic.bandcamp.com/album/god-of-the-grid, www.damonisaacsmith.com & www.facebook.com/damonsmith66/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a show that moves backwards in time, as we move from my half-term report on 2019 to focus on some of the best music from 2018 that I haven’t had chance to feature in my best EPs of 2018 and top 30 best albums of 2018 shows. I hope you’ll join me for that.