This is the 335th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This is a special show as we celebrate 15 years of Eppy Gibbon. We have a feature album this time, from a band featured on the show many times over the years, namely Bubblemath. Specifically, the feature album is their second, ‘Edit Peptide’, from 2017, and you’ll hear three fabulous tracks from it throughout the course of show. In addition, you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture, including lots of great 2022 music, plus some dips into the past, including a reminder about this year’s EppyFest and a return to our semi-regular 80s feature. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 28 minutes. Downloaded file is 135.6 MB.
You can see Hands of the Heron at this year’s EppyFest on the 17th July and tickets are available to pre-order via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/
4. A Void That I Can Depart To (10:08) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Edit Peptide’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, bubblemath.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
7. No Foodstool Left Behind (3:16) – The Bob Lazar Story (Single available to buy via theboblazarstory.bandcamp.com/track/no-foodstool-left-behind; see also www.facebook.com/theboblazarstory)
8. pareidolia (4:44) – Windmills (Taken from the album ‘what need is there to weep?’; see windmillskeepmoving.bandcamp.com/album/what-need-is-there-to-weep, www.windmillsmusic.com, & www.facebook.com/windmillskeepmoving)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
9. Viaje hacia la luz (5:08) – Oksana Linde (Taken from the album ‘Aquatic and Other Worlds’; see buhrecords.bandcamp.com/album/aquatic-and-other-worlds & daily.bandcamp.com/features/oksana-linde-aquatic-and-other-worlds-feature)
10. Close (To The Edit) (4:11) – The Art Of Noise (Taken from the compilation album ‘Influence’; see www.theartofnoiseonline.com)
13. Destiny Repeats Itself (7:24) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Edit Peptide’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, bubblemath.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
14. Stureby House Piano (4:59) – Jeremiah Chiu & Marta Sofia Honer (Taken from the album ‘Recordings from the Åland Islands’; see intlanthem.bandcamp.com/album/recordings-from-the-land-islands)
15. Part Cloud (10:32) – Hannah Peel & Paraorchestra (Taken from the album ‘The Unfolding’; see hannahpeelmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-unfolding, www.hannahpeel.com/, & www.facebook.com/HannahPeelMusic/)
17. Old School Tie (4:11) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘Dark Before Dawn’; see pattersonmelbourne.bandcamp.com)
20. The Sensual Con (7:36) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Edit Peptide’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, bubblemath.bandcamp.com/album/edit-peptide, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
21. The Undarkening Sky (5:13) – anthéne & Simon McCorry (Taken from the album ‘Mind of Winter’; see hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com/album/mind-of-winter, www.facebook.com/hidevibes, anthene.bandcamp.com, & www.simonmccorry.com)
22. Moon Over Deetjen’s (6:44) – Mary Lattimore (Single available to buy via marylattimoreharpist.bandcamp.com/track/moon-over-deetjens; see also www.marylattimore.net/)
23. Moving On (2:04) – Electric Mud (Taken from the album ‘The Inner World Outside’; see electricmud.bandcamp.com/album/the-inner-world-outside & www.facebook.com/electricmudhq)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and to all listeners, not just for this show but for the last 15 years. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show when I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything in between. I hope to see you then.