This is the 331st edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). After three shows where I’ve been counting down my 32 favourite albums of 2021, I’m finally presenting a show where I can start to focus on brand new music from 2022 releases. You can expect a great mixture of music on this show, and a typically eclectic playlist, including tracks from the aforementioned 2022 releases, tracks from a few 2021 releases I’ve not yet had chance to feature, and further dips into the past, including a belated celebration of the 90th birthday of American composer John Williams, and we also have a feature album, ‘#1 If It Fights The Hammer It Will Fight The Knife!’, the 2011 album by Redbus Noface, and you can expect three tracks from that throughout the show. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 34 minutes. Downloaded file is 141.1 MB.
1. Drift (5:38) – Daniel Wohl, Viktor Orri Árnason, & the iSing Silicon Valley Choir (Single available to buy via danielwohl.bandcamp.com/album/drift; see also www.newamrecords.com/artists/daniel-wohl)
As part of the feature ‘Cats’ Corner’:
3. Fly She (5:32) – Redbus Noface (Taken from the album ‘#1 If It Fights The Hammer It Will Fight The Knife!’; see redbusnoface.bandcamp.com/album/1-if-it-fights-the-hammer-it-will-fight-the-knife)
4. Wild Signals (4:13) – John Williams (Taken from the album ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind (The Collector’s Edition Soundtrack)’; see www.classicfm.com/composers/williams/)
5. Love You (2:26) – The Free Design (Taken from the album ‘… Sing for Very Important People’; see thefreedesign.com)
6. Snakes and Ladders (3:22) – Paul Mallyon (Taken from the album ‘Snakes and Ladders’; see paulmallyon.bandcamp.com/album/snakes-and-ladders)
7. Fuse One (5:46) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Improvisations for Solo Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/improvisations-for-solo-piano)
8. Day Follows Night (5:49) – Baber/Wileman (Taken from the album ‘Baber/Wileman’; see baberwileman.bandcamp.com/album/baber-wileman)
10. Truth Be Told (4:55) – Redbus Noface (Taken from the album ‘#1 If It Fights The Hammer It Will Fight The Knife!’; see redbusnoface.bandcamp.com/album/1-if-it-fights-the-hammer-it-will-fight-the-knife)
16. Under The Tide (6:29) – Redbus Noface (Taken from the album ‘#1 If It Fights The Hammer It Will Fight The Knife!’; see redbusnoface.bandcamp.com/album/1-if-it-fights-the-hammer-it-will-fight-the-knife)
19. Stegosaurus stomp (3:07) – Dalmatian rex and the Eigentones (Taken from the album ‘Dinosaurs and other magnificent mesozoic monstrosities’; see dalmatianrexandtheeigentones.bandcamp.com/album/dinosaurs-and-other-magnificent-mesozoic-monstrosities, dalmatianrex.co.uk, & www.facebook.com/dalmatian.rex)
20. An Old Man’s Dreams (7:23) – The Curator (Taken from the album ‘All Lombard Street to a China Orange’; see thecurator1.bandcamp.com/album/all-lombard-street-to-a-china-orange & www.cromerzone.co.uk/)
You can see The Curator at this year’s EppyFest on the 16th July and tickets are available to pre-order now via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/
21. as Without, so Within (3:37) – Windmills (Taken from the album ‘what need is there to weep?’; see windmillskeepmoving.bandcamp.com/album/what-need-is-there-to-weep, www.windmillsmusic.com, & www.facebook.com/windmillskeepmoving)
24. Cumuliform (5:34) – anthéne & Simon McCorry (Taken from the album ‘Mind of Winter’; see hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com/album/mind-of-winter, www.facebook.com/hidevibes, anthene.bandcamp.com, & www.simonmccorry.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to this show, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Do join me for the next show because I’ll be playing the usual eclectic mix of great music, both the weird, the wonderful and everything inbetween. I hope to see you then.