This is the 309th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show focuses on an interview with audio-visual artist and singer Fredo Viola. You can expect a typically great mixture of music on this show, as we talk to Fredo, play tracks from his brand new album release ‘My New Head’, and also play some of his all-time favourite music by other people. Across the show, we’ll have a typically eclectic playlist, including a tribute to the late, great Jim Steinman. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 52 minutes. Downloaded file is 102.5 MB
2. Emmène Moi (3:44) – Cécile Corbel (Taken from the album ‘La Fiancée’; see www.cecile-corbel.com)
Interview with Fredo Viola…
6. Sat In Your Lap (3:30) – Kate Bush (Taken from the album ‘The Dreaming’; see www.katebush.com/)
7. Pirate Jenny (6:43) – Nina Simone (Taken from the album ‘The Best of Nina Simone’; see www.ninasimone.com)
8. Suite No 1 for Jazz Band op. 38_Foxtrot (4:01) – Dmitri Shostakovich (composer), Rozhdestvensky (conductor), Soloists Ensemble of the U.S.S.R. (Taken from the album ‘Suite No 1 for Jazz Orchestra’; see www.britannica.com/biography/Dmitri-Shostakovich)
9. Les Noces – Second Tableau (5:38) – Igor Stravinsky (composer), Leonard Bernstein (conductor), English Bach Festival Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Stravinsky: Les Noces, Mass’; see fondation-igor-stravinsky.org/en/)
10. Minuet (2:47) – Alfred Schnittke (composer), Gidon Kremer, Yuri Bashmet & Mstislav Rostropovich (string trio) (Taken from the album ‘Concert for Three, String Trio etc.’; see www.boosey.com/composer/Alfred+Schnittke)
11. Cool Water (3:07) – Odetta (Taken from the album ‘Best Of The Vanguard Years’; see www.odettamusic.com/)
13. My White Bicycle (3:18) – Tomorrow (Taken from the album ‘Tomorrow’; see www.allmusic.com/album/tomorrow-mw0000247533)
14. The Pushbike Song (2:30) – The Mixtures (Taken from the album ‘The Best of The Mixtures’; see nostalgiacentral.com/music/artists-l-to-z/artists-m/mixtures/)
15. Where the Ocean Meets the Sky (4:26) – Needlepoint (Taken from the album ‘Walking Up That Valley’; see needlepoint.bandcamp.com/album/walking-up-that-valley)
18. Sounds for the Unseen (10:54) – Daniel Inzani (Single available via danielinzani.bandcamp.com/track/sounds-for-the-unseen; see also danielinzani.co.uk/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to this show, particularly to Fredo Viola for agreeing to do the interview and choosing so much of the music, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back again next time, with a typically eclectic show, so we hope to see you back again then.