This is the 297th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I hope you survived the Halloween special unscathed and that you’re now ready to enjoy this latest show, which seeks to celebrate the brand new album by favourites of the show, Sanguine Hum. Their new album, ‘A Trace of Memory’, officially released on the 20th of November, will be this show’s feature album, so you’ll hear three tracks from it throughout the playlist. Other than that you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of music, including tracks chosen by members of the band (& guest musicians appearing on the album), plus some recorded thoughts by Matt Baber, & some musical gems chosen by yours truly. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 20 minutes. Downloaded file is 128.3 MB.
Interview with Matt Baber of Sanguine Hum…
3. Follow The Sorrow (4:20) – Paul Mallyon (Taken from the album ‘Promise of Light’; see paulmallyon.bandcamp.com/album/promise-of-light)
5. Mangroves (Contours Edit) (6:42) – Pyramid Project feat. Contours (Taken from the ‘Mangroves’ EP; see pyramidprojectfeatcontours.bandcamp.com/album/mangroves-ep)
6. Memory Sequence (5:12) – The Breathing Effect (Taken from the album ‘Photosynthesis’; see thebreathingeffect.bandcamp.com/album/photosynthesis, thebreathingeffect.com & www.facebook.com/thebreathingeffect/)
7. Cock/Ver 10 (5:14) – Alarm Will Sound (Taken from the album ‘Acoustica: Alarm Will Sound Performs Aphex Twin’; see alarmwillsound.bandcamp.com/album/acoustica, www.alarmwillsound.com & www.facebook.com/AlarmWillSound)
10. Later That Evening (6:37) – Eberhard Weber (Taken from the album ‘Later That Evening’; see www.ecmrecords.com/artists/1435045784/eberhard-weber)
12. Aware of the Light (4:40) – Matt Baber (Not currently available to buy but taken from the forthcoming album ‘Strange Games of Chance’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com)
13. Idols In The Flesh Pt 1 (6:35) – Karda Estra (Taken from the album ‘Idols In The Flesh’; see kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/idols-in-the-flesh, kardaestra.wordpress.com & www.facebook.com/kardaestra/)
15. Slow Motion (3:28) – Ultravox (Taken from the album ‘Systems Of Romance’; see www.ultravox.org.uk/)
If you’d like to win a CD copy of Sanguine Hum’s new album, ‘A Trace of Memory’ just answer the questions that I present towards the end of the show and then either send me a private message on Facebook or leave a comment on the Eppy Gibbon website with your answers.
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, particularly to Matt Baber and the rest of the members of Sanguine Hum and the other contributors to the ‘A Trace of Memory’ album, and of course to all of you listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show, in a couple of weeks’ time, I’m going to be swamped with work from my day job, so instead you’ll be hearing a different take on Eppy Gibbon music. I hope you’ll come back for that.