This is the 289th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). We start this show on a sad note, as we reflect on the recent and very sad news of the death of the legendary Judy Dyble and there will be a much longer tribute to her on a future show. With the rest of this show I’m continuing my round up of some of the best music from 2019 that didn’t get included in my top 31 albums countdown of last year. And we have a feature album on this show, inevitably from 2019, ‘The Noise Is Unrest’, from the ambient, improvisational, instrumental duo Darkroom, so you’ll hear three tracks from that. In addition, you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 26 minutes. Downloaded file is 133.2 MB.
1. Marianna (4:17) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Earth Is Sleeping’; see judydyble.com/, hyperurl.co/EarthIsSleeping & www.facebook.com/judydybleofficial/)
2. Once Proud Eyes/Haumea (17:35) – Darkroom (Taken from the album ‘The Noise Is Unrest’; see darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com & darkroomtheband.net/)
3. Of My Hands (7:05) – Greg Foat (Taken from the album ‘The Mage’; see gregfoat.bandcamp.com/album/the-mage & www.facebook.com/thegregfoatgroup/)
4. Beneath The Surface (5:02) – Maria Chiara Argirò (Taken from the album ‘Hidden Seas’; see mariachiaramusic.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-seas & www.mariachiaramusic.com)
5. 9-Green (6:23) – Diagonal (Taken from the album ‘Arc’; see diagonal.bandcamp.com/album/arc & www.facebook.com/diagonalband)
6. Inside Out (4:30) – Úna Quinn (Taken from the album ‘Inside Out’; see uquinn.bandcamp.com/album/inside-out)
7. Losing Our Precision (9:22) – Darkroom (Taken from the album ‘The Noise Is Unrest’; see darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com & darkroomtheband.net/)
8. New In The Old Form (5:52) – Mono Sources (Taken from the album ‘Mono Sources’; see monosources.bandcamp.com/album/mono-sources & www.facebook.com/monosources/)
9. Caroline, No (4:54) – Chrissie Hynde & The Valve Bone Woe Ensemble (Taken from the album ‘Valve Bone Woe’; see chrissiehynde.tmstor.es, chrissiehynde.com/solo & www.facebook.com/chrissiehynde/)
10. Sanguis, Part 2 (6:56) – Staalklang (Track available as a digital download from staalklang.bandcamp.com/album/sanguis; see also www.staalklang.com & www.facebook.com/Staalklang/)
11. Area Under A Curve (5:33) – Astrid Sonne (Taken from the EP ‘Cliodynamics’; see astridsonne.bandcamp.com/album/cliodynamics & www.facebook.com/astridsonne94/)
12. Celestia (4:34) – Diagonal (Taken from the album ‘Arc’; see diagonal.bandcamp.com/album/arc & www.facebook.com/diagonalband)
13. Sea Song (6:20) – Maria Chiara Argirò (Taken from the album ‘Hidden Seas’; see mariachiaramusic.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-seas & www.mariachiaramusic.com)
14. Muknado (akustisk live) (4:31) – Knekklectric (Taken from the ‘Maskinelt Utbeina EP’; see knekklectric.bandcamp.com/album/maskinelt-utbeina-ep & www.facebook.com/knekklectric)
15. Orbiting (4:14) – Mono Sources (Taken from the album ‘Mono Sources’; see monosources.bandcamp.com/album/mono-sources & www.facebook.com/monosources/)
16. Burnt Offerings (6:28) – Rise (Taken from the album ‘Strangers’; see www.jobethyoung.com & www.facebook.com/jobethyoung)
17. Sin é (4:40) – Úna Quinn (Taken from the album ‘Inside Out’; see uquinn.bandcamp.com/album/inside-out)
18. Serene/Never The Same Way Once (18:57) – Darkroom (Taken from the album ‘The Noise Is Unrest’; see darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com & darkroomtheband.net/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back for the next show when I’ll be paying tribute to the maestro himself, the late great Ennio Morricone, who sadly passed away on the 6th of July. On that show you’ll hear tracks composed and influenced by Morricone, interspersed with the usual eclectic playlist, so I hope you’ll come back for that.