This is the 285th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note that the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This time around I’m continuing my round up of some of the best music from 2019 that didn’t get included in my top 31 albums countdown of last year. And we have a feature album on this show, inevitably from 2019, ‘Foreign Land’, from five-piece symphonic progressive rock band The Far Meadow, so you’ll hear three tracks from that. In addition, you can expect the usual eclectic musical mixture, including one older track, played in tribute to the late great Florian Schneider who we sadly lost this year. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 18 minutes. Downloaded file is 126.2 MB.
1. The Hall Of Mirrors (7:54) – Kraftwerk (Taken from the album ‘Trans-Europe Express’; see kraftwerk.com/)
4. Libra (4:02) – Aoife Nessa Frances (Taken from the album ‘Land of No Junction’; see http://aoifenessafrances.bandcamp.com/album/land-of-no-junction & www.facebook.com/aoifenf)
6. Season Of The Witch (4:07) – Lana Del Rey (Taken from the soundtrack album to the film ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’; see lanadelrey.com/)
8. Slot Machine of Faith (4:35) – Damon Smith (Single available to buy via Bandcamp – damonsmithmusic.bandcamp.com/album/slot-machine-of-faith; see also www.damonisaacsmith.com/)
9. Antarctica (6:42) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘The Divide’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/product/tony-patterson-doug-melbourne-the-divide-cd/ & www.onemorething-music.uk/)
11. Sleep Like A Rock (3:17) – Mr. E & Me (Taken from the album ‘New Orchestral Hits 4 Kids’; see www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=8.574126)
17. Heavenly Bodies (4:27) – Danielle Taylor (Taken from the EP ‘Why Are We Surprised When Seasons Change?’; see danielletaylorharp.bandcamp.com/album/why-are-we-surprised-when-seasons-change)
19. When The Evening Comes (5:00) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘The Divide’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/product/tony-patterson-doug-melbourne-the-divide-cd/ & www.onemorething-music.uk/)
21. Mistake no. 9 (3:52) – Mr. E & Me (Taken from the album ‘New Orchestral Hits 4 Kids’; see www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=8.574126)
22. Luke Falling (8:51) – Clark (Taken from the album ‘Daniel Isn’t Real (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)’; see www.roughtrade.com/gb/clark/daniel-isn-t-real-original-motion-picture-soundtrack & throttleclark.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I may well have to miss the next show as I’m likely to be snowed under with work from my day job, so hopefully my regular guest presenters, Daniel & Rebsie, will be sitting in instead, bringing you their own take on Eppy Gibbon music. And I should be back in a couple of show’s time, bringing you my half-term report of some of the best music that has come out so far in 2020, so I hope you’ll be back for two exciting shows in a row.