This is the 277th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your usual host is taking a bit of a break this time but the show will go on, with regular guest presenters Rebsie & Daniel kindly standing in for him. They’ll be bringing you their own unique take on Eppy Gibbon music again. Their feature album this time is the self-titled album by Mr & Mrs Smith and Mr Drake, & there will be three tracks from that, plus there’s the usual mixture of great & eclectic sounds from bands/acts you know & quite a lot that you won’t. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 14 minutes. Downloaded file is 123.1 MB.
1. Destiny’s Dance (2:57) – Synthetic Dream Foundation (Taken from the album ‘Mythical Records: Odyssey of Rapture Vol 3’; see mythicalrecords.bandcamp.com)
2. Why? (4:42) – Mid-Air Thief (Taken from the album ‘Crumbling’; see midairthief.bandcamp.com)
3. Give Him A Flower (3:02) – The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Taken from the compilation album ‘Let’s Go Down and Blow Our Minds’; see thegodofhellfire.com)
4. Silver Tree Top School For Boys (2:22) – The Slender Plenty (Taken from the compilation album ‘Let’s Go Down and Blow Our Minds’; see www.discogs.com/artist/1802087-The-Slender-Plenty)
6. Zyryrab (6:16) – Paco de Lucia (Taken from the album ‘Zyryrab’; see pacodelucia.org/en)
7. La Danse des Meduses & Wind Surf Ballad (2:38/2:37) – Dominique Guiot (Taken from the album ‘L’Univers de la Mer’; see www.discogs.com/artist/612307-Dominique-Guiot)
8. A Fairytale About Slavery (7:07) – Miranda Sex Garden (Taken from the album ‘Fairytales of Slavery’; see mirandasexgarden.com)
9. The Blue Flame (3:59) – Sproatly Smith (Taken from the album ‘The Minstrel’s Grave’; see sproatlysmith.bandcamp.com)
10. Piece for String Quartet, Percussion and Scottish Smallpipes in C (14:35) – Mr McFall’s Chamber (Taken from the album ‘Birds & Beasts – Music by Martyn Bennett and Fraser Fifield’; see www.mcfalls.co.uk and delphianrecords.co.uk)
11. Hummingbird (3:08) – Bedouine (Taken from the album ‘Birdsongs of a Killjoy’; see bedouine.bandcamp.com)
12. Hy a Skoellyas Lyf a Dhagrow (5:35) – Gwenno (Taken from the album ‘Le Kov’; see heavenlyrecordings.com/artist/gwenno)
As part of the new Early Music feature:
14. Saltarello (1:55) – David Munrow/The Early Music Consort of London (Taken from the album ‘Instruments of the Middle Ages and Renaissance’; see www.discogs.com/artist/517156-David-Munrow)
15. The Sirens (10:12) – David Bedford (Taken from the album ‘The Odyssey’; see davidbedfordmusic.co.uk)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
16. I Can’t Take it Anymore (4:42) – Vangelis (Taken from the album ‘See You Later’; see http://elsew.com)
18. White Flowers (3:17) – Lutine (Taken from the album ‘White Flowers’; see fandf.bandcamp.com)
19. Goodnight, Civilization (6:42) – Zu (Taken from the album ‘Goodnight, Civilization’; see zuband.bandcamp.com)
20. Woodfall Part 4: Above the Clouds (10:32) – Musk Ox (Taken from the album ‘Woodfall’; see muskoxofficial.bandcamp.com)
21. Candlemas Carol (5:59) – Sproatly Smith (Taken from the album ‘Carols From Herefordshire’; see sproatlysmith.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back next time, specifically revealing his top 10 favourite albums of 2019, so you really don’t want to miss that.