This is the 271st edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). After the horrors of the diabolical Count Eppy Gibbon on the last show, we move to much more pleasant topics this time around. This show is built around an interview with the singer, keyboardist and composer Emily Bezar. There’s no feature album this time, but you will hear three tracks from Emily throughout the show. You’ll hear Emily answer some questions I put to her, and some tracks chosen by her too, plus other music covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including new tracks from Spindle Ensemble, Lake Ruth, & Andy Pickford. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 54 minutes. Downloaded file is 104.5 MB.
1. Core (2:28) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Heaven Born And Ever Bright’; see alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-born-and-ever-bright & www.cardiacs.net/)
2. Heyyeh (4:11) – Penya (Track available to buy via Bandcamp – penyamusic.bandcamp.com/album/penya-na-familia-ya-zawose)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
4. Ease (8:13) – Public Image Limited (Taken from the album ‘Album’; see www.pilofficial.com)
5. The Longest Way (4:55) – Emily Bezar (Taken from the album ‘Out of the Moment’; see emilybezar.bandcamp.com/album/out-of-the-moment, www.emilybezar.com & www.facebook.com/Emily-Bezar-Music-153027764593/)
10. Apokalypsis (2:55) – Chad Walsh (Taken from the ‘The Miracle of Sleep’ EP; see chadwalsh.bandcamp.com/releases)
11. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence/Blue Tail Fly (live) (7:24) – Jack O’ The Clock (Taken from the album ‘Witness’; see jackotheclock.bandcamp.com/album/witness & jackotheclock.com/Jack_O_The_Clock.html)
12. Strange Interiors (3:01) – Lake Ruth (Taken from the double A-side single ‘Extended Leave/Strange Interiors’; see lakeruth.bandcamp.com/album/extended-leave-strange-interiors & www.facebook.com/lakeruthmusic/)
13. Okemah Sundown (4:47) – Spindle Ensemble (Taken from the double A-side single ‘Chase/Okemah Sundown’; see www.spindleensemble.com, spindleensemble.bandcamp.com/album/chase-okemah-sundown-double-a-side-single & www.facebook.com/spindleensemble)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, to all listeners, and particularly to Emily Bezar for agreeing to do the interview, for providing such thoughtful answers, and for choosing such great music. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’m going to be snowed under with work, but my regular guest presenters Rebsie & Daniel will return with their own take on Eppy Gibbon music, so I hope you’ll return for that.