This is the 268th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You should be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show is built around an interview with Richard Wileman, perhaps best known as the man behind the Karda Estra project but now recording under his own name. He will be talking to me about his latest mini-album ‘Cabal Of A Thousand Souls’, which will also be this show’s feature album and therefore we’ll have three tracks from it. You’ll also hear several tracks chosen by Richard, plus other music chosen by yours truly; in short, you can expect a typically eclectic playlist. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 52 minutes. Downloaded file is 102.8 MB.
2. Half and Half (2:19) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Retrieval: Music For Piano’; see mattbaber.bandcamp.com)
Interview with Richard Wileman…
5. Crafted From Wood (3:27) – Spirits Burning & Bridget Wishart (Taken from the album ‘Earth Born’; see www.spiritsburning.com/)
6. Sometime Soon (3:09) – Rob Beckinsale (Taken from the album ‘The Year I Forgot Who I Was’; see www.robbeckinsale.com/)
8. Paper Girl (2:42) – Le SuperHomard (Taken from the album ‘Meadow Lane Park’; see elefantrecords.bandcamp.com/album/meadow-lane-park)
10. Dim City Raincoat (3:53) – Sternpost (Taken from the album ‘Statues Asleep’; see kalligrammofon.bandcamp.com/album/statues-asleep-2)
12. West Texas (7:11) – Thirteen Of Everything (Taken from the album ‘Our Own Sad Fate’; see thirteenofeverything.bandcamp.com/album/our-own-sad-fate & thirteenofeverything.net)
14. Something (3:03) – The Beatles (Taken from the album ‘Abbey Road’; see www.thebeatles.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, to all listeners, and particularly to Richard Wileman for coming into the Eppy Gibbon studio. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time when I’ll be covering, for a final time this year, some of the best music from 2018 that I haven’t had chance to feature in previous shows. I hope you’ll join me for that.