This is the 236th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show entirely focuses on music from 2018, as I focus on some of best music to be found on albums, EPs and singles released so far this year. I’m trying to cram in as much music as possible with, in all but one case, only one track being played from each artist/release, so therefore there will not be a feature album for this show, though we will be having a feature label, of sorts, as we’ll be playing tracks from a large number of albums released via the Bad Elephant Music label. We’ll be covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, plus there’s another nod to the upcoming EppyFest 7. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 41 minutes. Downloaded file is 147.9 MB.
9. EppyFest promo (2:00) (You can see Matt Baber as one half of Sanguine Hum (acoustic), plus Fractal Mirror and Neil Campbell at EppyFest 7 in late July; see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the event and buying tickets, and you can also watch the video that accompanies this promo via www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBkJ4uH8gYQ)
11. The Little River And The Journey’s End (4:53) – Neil Campbell (Taken from the album ‘The Outsider – News From Nowhere’; see www.neilcampbell.org.uk/, neilcampbell.bandcamp.com/ & store.cdbaby.com/Artist/NeilCampbell)
14. The Creature Tree (5:24) – Mothertongue (Taken from the album ‘Where The Moonlight Snows′; see www.mothertongue.me.uk/, www.facebook.com/mothertongued, & mothertonguemusic.bandcamp.com/album/where-the-moonlight-snows)
20. Eden on the Air (2:22) – The 180Gs (Taken from the album ‘Singin’ to God′; see davidminnick1.bandcamp.com/album/singin-to-god)
23. Dancing Robots (3:59) – The Fierce And The Dead (Taken from the album ‘The Euphoric’; see tfatd.bandcamp.com/album/the-euphoric, thefierceandthedead.bandcamp.com/album/the-euphoric, www.fierceandthedead.com/ & www.facebook.com/fierceandthedead?fref=ts)
24. Lifeboat (4:11) – Talitha Rise (Taken from the album ‘An Abandoned Orchid House’; see talitharise.bandcamp.com/album/an-abandoned-orchid-house-digital-pre-order, www.talitharise.com/ & www.facebook.com/talitharise/)
25. Five More (2:07) – The Twelve Hour Foundation (Taken from the EP ‘Bunch Of Fives’; see www.twelvehourfoundation.co.uk/, thetwelvehourfoundation.bandcamp.com/album/bunch-of-fives-ep & www.facebook.com/twelvehourfoundation)
28. Far Away I (8:33) – Benjamin Louis Brody (Taken from the album ‘Far Away Music’; see preservedsound.bandcamp.com/album/far-away-music, www.benbrodymusic.com & www.facebook.com/benjaminlouisbrody/)
31. Slow Movements (8:43) – Kavus Torabi (Taken from the ‘Solar Divination’ EP; see kavustorabi.bandcamp.com/releases)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back next time with his last show before EppyFest 7, and he’ll be covering the usual eclectic mixture of styles and genres, so it’ll definitely be worth listening in.