This is the 233nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show is part 1 of my ‘best of the rest of 2017’ & will feature a typically eclectic mixture, though because I’m trying to cram in as many different albums, mini-albums, EPs and singles as possible there won’t be a feature album this time. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 4 minutes. Downloaded file is 113.9 MB.
1. Looking For The Place (3:32) – Underwater Obstacles (Single taken from the forthcoming album ‘Ghosts of Trees’; see underwaterobstacles.bandcamp.com/album/looking-for-the-place-single)
2. J Schleia (11:36) – Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Vula’; see www.andromedameo.com/ & andromedamegaexpressorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/vula)
3. Love App (4:31) – Doris Brendel & Lee Dunham (Taken from the album ‘Eclectica′; see www.dorisbrendel.com/ & www.facebook.com/Doris-Brendel-130204340368274/?ref=hl)
You can see Doris Brendel & her band at EppyFest 7 on Saturday 28th July. For tickets and more information see eppyfest.co.uk
6. Think I’m In Love (3:11) – Dear Reader (Single available via Bandcamp: dearreadermusic.bandcamp.com/album/think-im-in-love; see also www.dearreadermusic.com)
17. Balloon (4:03) – Doris Brendel & Lee Dunham (Taken from the album ‘Eclectica′; see www.dorisbrendel.com/ & www.facebook.com/Doris-Brendel-130204340368274/?ref=hl)
You can see both Doris Brendel & her band & Lord of Worms at EppyFest 7 on Saturday 28th July. For tickets and more information see eppyfest.co.uk
21. DusskSong (3:24) – Tribes of Europe (Taken from the mini-album ‘Some Inner\Outer Space Music For The Lonely Children Of Earth (And Other Planets) ‘, see tribesofeurope.bandcamp.com/album/some-inner-outer-space-music-for-the-lonely-children-of-earth-and-other-planets & soundcloud.com/tribes-of-europe)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be busy with his day job and EppyFest so next time Rebsie & Daniel will again be sitting in for him, so we hope to see you back for another of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music.