This is the 224th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is currently occupied with work, so Daniel Staniforth and Rebsie Fairholm are kindly sitting in again to present one of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music. The feature album is ‘Doomsday Afternoon’ by Phideaux. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 9 minutes. Downloaded file is 118.2 MB.
1. Cast a Spell (5:10) – Rusalnaia (Taken from the album ‘Time Takes Away’; see rusalnaia.bandcamp.com)
2. Sea as it Glides (4:12) – Julie Byrne (Taken from the album ‘Not Even Happiness’; see juliembyrne.bandcamp.com)
3. White Gate (3:53) – Macmaster/Hay (Taken from the album ‘Hook’; see www.brightyoungfolk.com/records/hook-macmaster-hay)
5. Dear God (3:34) – XTC (Taken from the album ‘Skylarking’; see burningshed.com/XTC-Skylarking_corrected_polarity_edition-CD)
6. This Devilish Dichotomy (1:58) – Thinguma*JigSaw (Taken from the album ‘Misery Together’; see www.thingumajigsaw.com)
7. Another Century (4:52) – The Church (Taken from the album ‘Man Woman Life Death Infinity’; see thechurchband.net)
8. The Welcome Sailor (3:47) – Nancy Wallace (Taken from the album ‘The Rough Guide to English Folk’; see nancywallacemusic.com/about)
9. Electric Landlady (3:53) – Purson (Taken from the album ‘Desire’s Magic Theatre’; see www.purson.co.uk)
10. April (2:01) – Peter Wyngarde (Taken from the album ‘When Sex Leers its Inquisitive Head’; see www.peterwyngarde.me.uk)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
12. Thank You (Falettinme Be Nice Elf Again) (3:40) – Magazine (Taken from the album ‘The Correct Use of Soap’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/magazine)
13. The Curate of Cheltenham (3:03) – Paul Roland (Taken from the album ‘Happy Families’; see paul-roland.bandcamp.com)
15. Black-Eyed Susan (3:36) – Shirley Collins (Taken from the album ‘The Power of the True Love Knot’; see www.shirleycollins.co.uk)
16. Hypnophobia (5:31) – Jacco Gardner (Taken from the album ‘Hypnophobia’; see www.jaccogardner.com)
17. L’Invenzione del Nero (5:40) – Giovanni Sollima (Taken from the album ‘Caravaggio’; see www.giovannisollima.it)
18. Dalej (3:24) – Belgrado (Taken from the album ‘Obraz’; see belgrado.bandcamp.com)
19. Mr Slater’s Parrot (2:27) – Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band (Taken from the album ‘Cornology’; see www.bonzodog.co.uk)
21. Sol Invictus (3:18) – Kristi Stassinopoulou (Taken from the album ‘Echotropia’; see krististassinopoulou.com)
22. Sincerely, Future Pollution (4:01) – Timber Timbre (Taken from the album ‘Sincerely, Future Pollution’; see www.timbertimbre.com)
23. AYM (6:08) – Kayno Yesno Slonce (Taken from the album ‘Requiem’; see kaynoyesnoslonce.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back next time with more of his best albums of 2017.