This is the 222nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is back to bring you a typically diverse and eclectic musical mix to help you see out 2017. The feature album is from 2004, ‘Has Been’, by William Shatner so you’ll hear three tracks from this remarkable (& surprisingly good) album. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including some teasers about Eppy‘s favourite albums of 2017 and a preview of next year’s EppyFest 7. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 8 minutes. Downloaded file is 116.9 MB.
2. Common People (4:41) – William Shatner (Taken from the album ‘Has Been’; see williamshatner.com/ws/)
3. Eagle Nebula (9:11) – Bryan and the Aardvarks (Taken from the album ‘Sounds From The Deep Field’; see bryanandtheaardvarks.com/, bryanandtheaardvarks.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-from-the-deep-field, & www.facebook.com/bryanandtheaardvarks/)
6. Futures (4:27) – V Ä L V Ē (Taken from the EP ‘#1 [the theosophical society]’; see valvemusic.bandcamp.com/album/1-the-theosophical-society)
Firefly Burning will be on at EppyFest 7 along with Gong, North Sea Radio Orchestra, Doris Brendel, Sanguine Hum (acoustic) and more over 27th & 28th July, 2018, in Cheltenham. For more details and tickets go to eppyfest.co.uk/
11. I Can’t Get Behind That (3:00) – William Shatner (Taken from the album ‘Has Been’; see williamshatner.com/ws/)
14. Tank! (3:27) – Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts (Taken from the compilation album ‘Cowboy Bebop Tank! The! Best!’; see www.jameswong.com/ykproject/core.html)
15. Afterglow (3:45) – mouse on the keys (Taken from the ‘Top Shelf 2017 Sampler’ but also available on the album ‘Out of Body’; see topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com/album/2017-sampler, topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com/album/out-of-body & mouseonthekeys.net/)
19. White Blindness (3:10) – The Hare and Hoofe (Single available via thehareandhoofe.bandcamp.com/track/white-blindness; see also thehareandhoofe.wordpress.com & www.facebook.com/TheHareAndHoofe)
21. Together (5:40) – William Shatner (Taken from the album ‘Has Been’; see williamshatner.com/ws/)
22. Song for Guy (6:50) – Elton John (Taken from the album ‘A Single Man’; see www.eltonjohn.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. A happy New Year to one and all! Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back again for the first show of 2018, so we hope you’ll be back too to see how he kicks off the new year.