This is the 219th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). On this show we have a special guest, Damon Waitkus, founder member of the US band Jack O’ The Clock, and we’ll be talking to him about the history, present and future of the band. There’s no feature album this time but we will be playing a lot of Jack O’ The Clock music, including some brand new tracks, plus Damon will be choosing some of the music, and overall you can expect the usual eclectic musical mix, including lots of 2017 music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 6 minutes. Downloaded file is 115 MB.
1. Frankenstein (Cleft Cover) (3:25) – Thumpermonkey (Single to raise funds for Dan from the band Cleft, available as a digital download via thumpermonkey.bandcamp.com/album/frankenstein-cleft-cover; see also www.justgiving.com/fundraising/danbeatcancer for more details about Dan’s campaign & thumpermonkey.com/ for more details about Thumpermonkey)
Interview with Damon Waitkus of Jack O’ The Clock…
6. Late Night Shopping (2:54) – David Sylvian (Taken from the album ‘Blemish′; see www.davidsylvian.com/)
8. The Old Man and the Table Saw (10:31) – Jack O’ The Clock (Taken from the album ‘Repetitions of the Old City – I’; see jackotheclock.bandcamp.com/, jackotheclock.com/Jack_O_The_Clock.html & www.facebook.com/JackOTheClock/?fref=ts)
9. Sein Chit Tee A Mhat Ta Ya (arr. C.J. Miller) (4:26) – Bang On A Can All-Stars & Kyaw Kyaw Naing (Taken from the album ‘Bang On A Can Meets Kyaw Kyaw Naing’; see bangonacan.bandcamp.com/album/bang-on-a-can-meets-kyaw-kyaw-naing, bangonacan.org/ & cantaloupemusic.com/artists/kyaw-kyaw-naing)
11. Island Time (5:29) – Jack O’ The Clock (Preview of a track that will be on the forthcoming album ‘Repetitions of the Old City – II’; see jackotheclock.com/Jack_O_The_Clock.html)
12. Guru on the Road (5:47) – Jack O’ The Clock (Preview of a track that will be on the forthcoming album ‘Repetitions of the Old City – II’; see jackotheclock.com/Jack_O_The_Clock.html)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and of course to Damon Waitkus. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Next time I’ll be very busy with work but the show will continue thanks to guest presenters Rebsie & Daniel; you can expect the same typically eclectic mixture of music, only different, so I hope you’ll come back for that.