This is the 215th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show was going to be built around an interview, which unfortunately we’ve had to postpone, so instead you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of musical choices from me, including lots of 2017 tracks, a feature album from 2000 – ‘Orion’ by Canadian singer, songwriter and musician Ken Baird, so you’ll hear three tracks from that – plus you’ll hear tracks played in tribute to the recently departed Walter Becker & Holger Czukay. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 15 minutes. Downloaded file is 123.2 MB.
5. The Sky Turned To Grey (6:05) – Bryan and the Aardvarks (Taken from the album ‘Sounds From The Deep Field’; see bryanandtheaardvarks.com/, bryanandtheaardvarks.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-from-the-deep-field, & www.facebook.com/bryanandtheaardvarks/)
12. L’éléphant (3:14) – Henri Texier (Taken from the album ‘Varech’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/henri-texier-mn0000566436)
14. Rubber Chicken Soup (4:05) – Stryngs (Taken from the album ‘Love & Other Vices’; see stryngs.bandcamp.com)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
18. Fragrance (4:07) – Holger Czukay (Taken from the album ‘On The Way To The Peak Of Normal’; see www.czukay.com/)
21. Lights (4:24) – V Ä L V Ē (Taken from the EP ‘#1 [the theosophical society]’; see valvemusic.bandcamp.com/album/1-the-theosophical-society, )
22. Beneath a Perfect Sky (3:47) – Tony Patterson (Unreleased track, not currently available; see www.facebook.com/Tony-Patterson-281383288556282/?fref=ts)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed to the show, and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back again next time with the very final part of my review of the ‘best of the rest’ of 2016, so expect the usual eclectic mix but with all the fantastic music coming from last year. I hope you’ll be back to listen then.