This is the 208th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Thanks to Daniel Staniforth and Rebsie Fairholm for filling in for me in fine style on the last show, but I’m back this time to preview my own upcoming live music event EppyFest Mini, happening in Cheltenham on Saturday 29th July. We also have a feature album, which this time has an EppyFest connection as it’s ‘Irritant’, the brand new album by Schnauser who are headlining EppyFest Mini. We’ll also cover the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, as we feature music from the other four bands/acts on at EppyFest Mini, play tracks from some new releases, & pay tribute to a couple of people who have left this mortal coil in the past month. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 58 minutes. Downloaded file is 108.2 MB.
4. Satellites (4:42) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Happy People’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/happy-people, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
11. Inexorable (3:20) – The Neil Campbell Collective (Not currently available to buy but may appear on an album at some point; see www.neilcampbell.org.uk/)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
13. Slave To The Rhythm (4:21) – Grace Jones (Taken from the compilation album ‘Island Life’; see missgracejones.com/)
14. Main Theme from Outskirts (5:39) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Outskirts’; see troopersforsound.com/catalogue/matt-baber/outskirts/ & mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/outskirts)
17. Marching Song (4:20) – Candythief (A close-to-being-finished mix of a song set to appear on the forthcoming new Candythief album; see candythief.com/, candythief.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/candythiefmusic)
For more information about EppyFest Mini and to buy advance tickets go to: eppyfest.co.uk/
20. Dreaming Of A New World (3:37) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Whose Dream Are You Living? (2017 CD version)’; see timburness.bandcamp.com, www.timburness.com/ & www.facebook.com/Tim-Burness-195607947167604/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy should be back again next time with his half-term report of the musical year of 2017, so we hope you’ll be back to listen to that show.