This is the 207th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is currently snowed under with work, so Daniel Staniforth and Rebsie Fairholm are kindly sitting in again to present one of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music. The feature artist is Dick Langford, and there will be three tracks from his various projects. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 7 minutes. Downloaded file is 116 MB.
1. Sunrise (Eyes of the Young) (4:05) – Flaming Lips (Taken from the album ‘Oczy Mlody’; see www.flaminglips.com)
2. Benzaiten (God of Music and Water) (3:37) – Osamu Kitajima (Taken from the album ‘Benzaiten’; see www.eastquest.com)
3. Metamorphosis: I’m Going to Make a Cake (3:41) – Lavinia Meijer (Taken from the album ‘Philip Glass: Metamorphosis’; see www.laviniameijer.com)
6. Back Street Luv (3:37) – Curved Air (Taken from the album ‘Second Album’; see www.curvedair.com)
7. Jesus Christ Pose (5:51) – Soundgarden (Taken from the album ‘Badmotorfinger’; see www.soundgardenworld.com)
8. Sugar for the Pill (4:31) – Slowdive (Taken from the album ‘Slowdive’; see www.slowdiveofficial.com)
9. Marv Pontkalleg (3:38) – Alan Stivell (Taken from the album ‘Renaissance of the Celtic Harp’; see www.alanstivell.bzh)
10. Me and My Woman (13:04) – Roy Harper (Taken from the album ‘Stormcock’; see www.royharper.co.uk)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
11. Black Houses (5:12) – Modern English (Taken from the album ‘Mesh & Lace’; see www.modernenglish.me)
12. Vote For Me (5:52) – Dick Langford (Taken from the album ‘Amokopera’ (not yet released); see www.facebook.com/amokoperatut/)
13. Wondering (4:12) – Xiu Xiu (Taken from the album ‘Forget’; see www.xiuxiu.org)
14. Bride Divine (3:32) – Robbie Basho (Taken from the album ‘Zarthus’; www.robbiebasho-archives.info)
15. Houses (3:35) – Søren (Taken from yet to be released album ‘Stargazing’; see www.youtube.com)
16. The Skater (3:24) – Midwinter (Taken from the album ‘The Waters of Sweet Sorrow’; see www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2003)
18. Brown Bread (3:29) – Dick Langford (Taken from the album ‘Amokopera’ (not yet released); see www.facebook.com/amokoperatut/)
19. Leaf and Stream (4:06) – Wishbone Ash (Taken from the album ‘Argus’; see wishboneash.com)
20. Cold is Being (3:05) – Renaissance (Taken from the album ‘Turn of the Cards’; see renaissancetouring.com)
21. Baker St. Muse (16:42) – Jethro Tull (Taken from the album ‘Minstrel in the Gallery’; see jethrotull.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and a special thanks to Daniel & Rebsie for sitting in. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy should be be back next time with a preview of EppyFest Mini, so we hope you’ll be back to listen to the next edition of the show.