This is the 203rd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). On this show I’m previewing this year’s Cheltenham Jazz Festival, as well as focusing a bit more on new 2017 albums & otherwise providing the usual eclectic mixture of music. We have a feature album for the first time in a while, ‘Of The Waves’, the wonderful 2012 album by the Canadian jazz group Hobson’s Choice, so there will be three tracks from that. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Don’t forget that we’re looking for listeners to pick their top five favourite bands/artists that we’ve played over the past 10 years (they can be established acts you already knew about or artists that you specifically discovered via the show) for a forthcoming 10th anniversary special. You can pick whoever you like, the only rule is that they must have been played on the show at least once in the past 10 years. You can post your choices as a comment to this post or via the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show Facebook group. I’ll need your votes by the middle of April, 2017.
Total running time: 2 hours & 11 minutes. Downloaded file is 120.2 MB.
1. Empathy (3:42) – Sneaker Pimps (Taken from the album ‘Splinter’; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaker_Pimps)
2. Waiting Rooms (5:40) – Simon Warner (Taken from the album ‘Waiting Rooms’; see culturecatch.com/music/simon_warner_waiting_rooms)
7. Vortex (7:02) – Sirkis/Bialas International Quartet (Taken from the album ‘Come To Me’; see www.asafsirkis.com & asafsirkis.bandcamp.com/album/sirkis-bialas-international-quartet-come-to-me)
13. How Does it Make You Feel? (5:57) – Once And Future Band (Taken from the album ‘Once And Future Band’; see onceandfutureband.bandcamp.com/album/once-future-band & www.facebook.com/OnceAndFutureBand)
17. Buoyant (19:51) – The Necks (Taken from the album ‘Chemist’; see www.thenecks.com/)
If you want to find out more about the Cheltenham Jazz Festival head to www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/jazz/
Thanks to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – click on www.facebook.com/groups/eppygibbongroupmembers/ and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show we’ll be celebrating big time as it’ll be the 10th anniversary of the show. We’ll have birthday wishes and exclusive tracks from many of the bands and artists we’ve played regularly on the show over the years, plus I’ll be playing some of my very favourite tracks from the last 10 years, which will result in the usual eclectic mixture of music albeit with a somewhat more celebratory feel, so we hope you’ll come back for that.