This is the 201st edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This current show sees your usual host return to continue the countdown of his favourite 30 albums of 2016. So on this show I’ll be counting down from the album at 20 to the album at 11. There’s no feature album but there is the usual eclectic mixture of music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Don’t forget that we’re looking for listeners to pick their top five favourite bands/artists that we’ve played over the past 10 years (they can be established acts you already knew about or artists that you specifically discovered via the show) for a forthcoming 10th anniversary special. You can pick whoever you like, the only rule is that they must have been played on the show at least once in the past 10 years. You can post your choices as a comment to this post or via the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show Facebook group. I’ll need your votes by early April, 2017.
Total running time: 2 hours & 17 minutes. Downloaded file is 124.8 MB.
3. Something More (6:17) – Tulalah (Single, available as a digital download from tulalahmusic.bandcamp.com/track/something-more; see also www.tulalahmusic.com/, www.facebook.com/TulalahMusic & tulalahmusic.bandcamp.com)
My top 30 albums of 2016 countdown continues here (starting at 20 & working down the list as we go through the show to the album at no. 11)…
6. Oh, The Sadmakers (3:01) – Rob Crow’s Gloomy Place (Taken from the album ‘You’re Doomed. Be Nice.’; see robcrow.bandcamp.com/album/you-re-doomed-be-nice)
7. Paper Doll Parts (4:45) – Rob Crow’s Gloomy Place (Taken from the album ‘You’re Doomed. Be Nice.’; see robcrow.bandcamp.com/album/you-re-doomed-be-nice)
14. Mars Is So Yesterday (5:12) – Emmett Elvin (Taken from the album ‘Assault on the Tyranny of Reason’; see emmettelvin.bandcamp.com/album/assault-on-the-tyranny-of-reason & www.facebook.com/EmmettElvinMusic)
15. Assault on the Tyranny of Reason (5:02) – Emmett Elvin (Taken from the album ‘Assault on the Tyranny of Reason’; see emmettelvin.bandcamp.com/album/assault-on-the-tyranny-of-reason & www.facebook.com/EmmettElvinMusic)
20. Le Mar Du Passé (4:17) – Lazuli (Taken from the album ‘Nos âmes Saoules’; see fr-fr.facebook.com/Groupe.LAZULI)
21. Chaussures à nos pieds (5:56) – Lazuli (Taken from the album ‘Nos âmes Saoules’; see fr-fr.facebook.com/Groupe.LAZULI)
22. Model Village (6:43) – Gong (Taken from the album ‘Rejoice! I’m Dead!’; see www.planetgong.co.uk/)
23. Through Restless Seas I Come (6:58) – Gong (Taken from the album ‘Rejoice! I’m Dead!’; see www.planetgong.co.uk/)
Thanks to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – click on www.facebook.com/groups/eppygibbongroupmembers/ and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show Eppy will be completing his 30 albums of 2016 countdown (for this final part he’ll be counting down the albums from 10 to 1) so we hope you’ll come back for that – there should be some spectacular music on offer.