This is the 200th edition (woohoo!) of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). We take a short break from Eppy’s countdown of his favourite 30 albums of 2016 to celebrate the 200th episode of Eppy Gibbon. Eppy has teamed up with Rebsie & Daniel of Alchymical Muse to put together an A-Z special, to present you with 26 artists and bands that we think exemplify the spirit and styles of the show. As we move through the alphabet you’ll find an artist or band representing each of the 26 letters. There’s no feature album but the show offers a typically eclectic mixture of music, including a tribute to the late, great John Wetton. This should be a great show for long-term listeners but also a terrific ‘jumping on point’ for newcomers. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Don’t forget that we’re looking for listeners to pick their top five favourite bands/artists that we’ve played over the past 10 years (they can be established acts you already knew about or artists that you specifically discovered via the show) for a forthcoming 10th anniversary special. You can pick whoever you like, the only rule is that they must have been played on the show at least once in the past 10 years. You can post your choices as a comment to this post or via the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show Facebook group. I’ll need your votes by early April, 2017.
Total running time: 2 hours & 11 minutes. Downloaded file is 119.4 MB.
2. Hello Mabel (2:46) – The Bonzo Dog Band (Taken from the album ‘The Doughnut in Granny’s Greenhouse’; see www.bonzodog.co.uk/)
3. Fiery Gun Hand (5:13) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Sing To God’; see www.cardiacs.net/)
4. Pol in G (3:02) – The Durutti Column (Taken from the album ‘Vini Reilly’; see www.thedurutticolumn.com/index.php)
5. Heart of the Sunrise (3:53) – Electric Würms (Taken from the album ‘Musik, die schwer zu Twerk’; see bellaunion.com/2014/06/electric-wurms-musik-die-schwer-zu-twerk/)
6. Far From Here (4:01) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the album ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’; see www.janetrecords.com)
8. King Of The Fairies (3:30) – Horslips (Taken from the album ‘Dancehall Sweethearts’; see www.horslips.ie)
13. Quand j’étais chez mon père (3:45) – Malicorne (Taken from the album ‘Almanach’; see www.gabrielyacoub.com/)
20. The Garden Of Jane Delawney (4:06) – Trees (Taken from the album ‘The Garden Of Jane Delawney’; no website, but you can read about them on Wikipedia)
22. Offertory Song (5:28) – The Violet Hour (Taken from the album ‘The Fire Sermon’; see www.dorisbrendel.com/)
23. Neville Thumbcatch (4:27) – Peter Wyngarde (Taken from the album ‘When Sex Leers Its Inquisitive Head’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/product/when-sex-leers-its-inquisitive-head/ & www.peterwyngarde.me.uk/)
24. River Of Orchids (5:53) – XTC (Taken from the album ‘Apple Venus Volume 1’; see www.ape.uk.net)
25. Attic Doctor (3:52) – Youth Lagoon (Taken from the album ‘Wondrous Bughouse’; see fatpossum.com/artists/youth-lagoon/)
26. Winter Wind (5:07) – Zoar featuring Brendan Perry (Taken from the album ‘Clouds Without Water’; see www.zoar.com/)
Thanks to everyone involved with this show over the past 200 episodes, musicians and listeners alike. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show Eppy returns to his 30 albums of 2016 countdown (for this second part he’ll be counting down the albums from 20 to 11) so we hope you’ll come back for that.