This is the 198th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This current show sees Rebsie & Daniel from Alchymical Muse sitting in again for your regular host who is busy with his day job. The feature album is ‘Cedar Spirits’ by Cedar Spirits and there is also the usual eclectic mixture of music too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Don’t forget that we’re looking for listeners to pick their top five favourite bands/artists that we’ve played over the past 10 years (they can be established acts you already knew about or artists that you specifically discovered via the show) for a forthcoming 10th anniversary special. You can pick whoever you like, the only rule is that they must have been played on the show at least once in the past 10 years. You can post your choices as a comment to this post or via the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show Facebook group. I’ll need your votes by early April, 2017.
Total running time: 2 hours & 4 minutes. Downloaded file is 113.2 MB.
1. Down in Yon Forest (3:28) – Bella Hardy (Taken from the album ‘Night Visiting’; see www.bellahardy.com)
2. Odal (5:31) – Wardruna (Taken from the album ‘Runaljod-Ragnarok’; see www.wardruna.com)
3. Obscura (3:26) – Adam Hurst (Taken from the album ‘Obscura’; see www.worldcello.com)
4. Zarathustra – L’ultimo Uomo [excerpt] (3:58) – Museo Rosenbach (Taken from the album ‘Zarathustra’; see www.italianprog.com/a_rosenbach.htm)
5. Your Gold Dress (4:42) – The Dukes of Stratosphear (Taken from the album ‘25 O’Clock’; see www.ape.uk.net/quicktime/index.html)
6. To You, I Give Myself (6:34) – Cedar Spirits (Taken from the album ‘Cedar Spirits’; see glassthroatrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/cedar-spirits)
7. Two Tears (4:14) – Eliza Carthy (Taken from the album ‘Dreams of Breathing Underwater’; see www.eliza–carthy.com)
8. A Soul’s Delight (4:31) – Ekova (Taken from the album ‘Space Lullabies and Other Fantasmagore’; see myspace.com/ekova)
9. Wind Song (3:53) – Jade Warrior (Taken from the album ‘Kites’; see www.jadewarrior.com)
10. Aerial Boundaries (4:45) – Michael Hedges (Taken from the album ‘Aerial Boundaries’; see www.nomadland.com)
11. Signal to Noise (7:37) – Peter Gabriel (Taken from the album ‘Up’; see petergabriel.com)
12. My Super Powers (4:44) – Martin Austwick (Taken from the album ‘Through Intermittent Rain’; see www.thesoundoftheladies.com)
13. Wild Serenity (7:05) – Cedar Spirits (Taken from the album ‘Cedar Spirits’; see glassthroatrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/cedar-spirits)
14. Killing A Little Time (3:48) – David Bowie (Taken from the EP ‘No Plan’; see legacy.davidbowie.com)
15. White Angel (4:56) – Birch Book (Taken from the album ‘A Hand Full of Days’; see www.ingowanring.com)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
16. Girl Song (3:21) – Nightmares in Wax (Taken from the EP ‘Nightmares in Wax’; see www.discogs.com/artist/129854-Nightmares-In-Wax)
17. Another Day (2:59) – This Mortal Coil (Taken from the album ‘It’ll End in Tears’; see 4ad.com/artists/thismortalcoil)
18. Keeper of the Woods (5:05) – Cedar Spirits (Taken from the album ‘Cedar Spirits’; see glassthroatrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/cedar-spirits)
19. Second Sage (2:06) – Mourn (Taken from the album ‘Ha, Ha, He’; see mournct.bandcamp.com)
20. The Water (4:21) – Johnny Flynn & the Sus (Taken from the album ‘Been Listening’; see johnny-flynn.com)
21. Too Many Voices (2:00) – Andy Stott (Taken from the album ‘Too Many Voices’; see www.last.fm/music/Andy+Stott)
22. The Herald (12:11) – Comus (Taken from the album ‘First Utterance’; see www.comusmusic.co.uk)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Regular host Eppy returns for the next show, which sees him begin his countdown of his top 30 albums of 2016 , so I hope you’ll come back for that.