This is the 196th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You may be able to CLICK HERE TO LISTEN but note the shows are large files & this may not be the best way to listen. If you prefer, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes by sticking feeds2.feedburner.com/TheEpilepticGibbonPodcastMusicShow into the ‘Subscribe to podcast’ area & then you’ll get the new shows as they become available. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). The last show was a festive special, but with this eppysode I present an interview I recorded back in September with the Turkish composer and musician Elif Yalvac. We have a feature album, or rather I should say that we have a feature EP, Elif’s debut release ‘Cloudscapes’, and there will be three tracks from that, plus there’s the usual eclectic mixture of music, with around half the tracks chosen by Elif and half by me. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 48 minutes. Downloaded file is 153.8 MB.
1. Sea Nature (6:42) – Steve Hillage (Taken from the album ‘Green’; see stevehillage.com/ & www.facebook.com/stevehillageband/)
2. Castellanus (6:50) – Elif Yalvac (Taken from the ‘Cloudscapes’ EP; see hazalelif.bandcamp.com, hazalelif.wordpress.com & soundcloud.com/hazalelif)
3. Together We’re Stranger (8:32) – No-Man (Taken from the album ‘Together We’re Stranger’; see www.no-man.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/nomanofficial)
4. Man with the Movie Camera (9:10) – The Cinematic Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Every Day’; see www.cinematicorchestra.com/, www.facebook.com/cinematicorchestra/ & ninjatune.net/artist/the-cinematic-orchestra)
5. Magrethes Fordømmelse (4:06) – Else Marie Pade (Taken from the album ‘Electronic Works 1958-1995’; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Else_Marie_Pade)
6. Kartal (2:36) – Filiz Cuvalci (This track is not currently available to buy but you can listen again by going to www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTUMfWk21g; see also soundcloud.com/fizi-fizitronic)
7. Two Worlds (4:14) – Colin Edwin (Taken from the album ‘Third Vessel’; see www.colinedwin.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/ColinEdwinOfficial/)
8. Dream Swim (4:25) – Chloë March (Taken from the album ‘Nights Bright Days’; see www.chloemarch.co.uk/, chloemarch.bandcamp.com/album/nights-bright-days & www.facebook.com/chloemarchmusic)
9. Lenticularis (5:28) – Elif Yalvac (Taken from the ‘Cloudscapes’ EP; see hazalelif.bandcamp.com, hazalelif.wordpress.com & soundcloud.com/hazalelif)
10. Cloudwatching 2012 (Orchestral Mix) (8:27) – Andy Pickford (Taken from ‘EP#02: Casablanco’, & the original version can be found on the album ‘Replicant’; see www.andypickfordmusic.com/, andypickford1.bandcamp.com, & www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic)
11. Eric (5:06) – Guthrie Govan (Taken from the album ‘Erotic Cakes’; see www.facebook.com/GuthrieGovanOfficial & itunes.apple.com/gb/album/erotic-cakes/id507287467)
12. Glacier Descent (7:56) – Arve Henriksen (Taken from the album ‘Strjon’; see www.arvehenriksen.com/)
13. The Constant (4:01) – Neural Corrosion (Taken from the single ‘The Constant’; see www.neuralcorrosion.com/, neuralcorrosion.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/neuralcorrosion)
14. South Side of The Sky (7:59) – Yes (Taken from ‘Fragile’; see yesworld.com/)
15. Holding on to the Sun (4:47) – Darkroom & Elif Yalvac (A duet of live processed guitar & bass clarinet that is not currently available to buy but you can listen to it via soundcloud.com/darkroom/holding-on-to-the-sun; see also www.darkroomtheband.net/, darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/darkroomtheband)
16. Daydreaming (6:24) – Radiohead (Taken from the album ‘A Moon Shaped Pool’; see www.radiohead.com/deadairspace & www.facebook.com/radiohead/)
17. Mammatus (5:34) – Elif Yalvac (Taken from the ‘Cloudscapes’ EP; see hazalelif.bandcamp.com, hazalelif.wordpress.com & soundcloud.com/hazalelif)
18. Last Watch (5:04) – The Plague Monkeys (Taken from the album ‘Surface Tension’; see web.archive.org/web/20001009032302/http://www.plaguemonkeys.com/, carolkeogh.ie & carolkeogh.bandcamp.com)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike, and especially to my guest Elif Yalvac. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. For the next show I’ll be doing one of my occasional long track specials, so I hope you’ll come back for that.
Reblogged this on Hazal Elif Yalvaç.